Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

This is great K0D!

Any plans to have the half-transparency throughout the game, or are there issues with it?
Implementing transparency would require case-by-case reworking of pretty much every single part of the game. I implore the coders to first get the translation 100% complete and bug free before implementing extra stuff like that, or else the project will stall for too long.

Implementing transparency would require case-by-case reworking of pretty much every single part of the game. I implore the coders to first get the translation 100% complete and bug free before implementing extra stuff like that, or else the project will stall for too long.
While I agree, I think k0d is planning for the dialog boxes only, not every single mesh in the game.

As of right now, there is no way my patch and the 4MB patch are compatible. YZB would have to some how rebuild it with my files

@Knight0fDragon I was playing on real hardware (modchip) and the game freezes at the title screen if I have more than 1 savegame on system memory. I had to delete one of them to play.

New information: I think it's the system memory full warning freezing the game because with two save files my internal memory went full, that should trigger the warning on the title screen.

Last edited:
Ok, awesome. That is great info. So you have free slots, but no free space?
Yes, no free space on the internal saturn memory. I just freed up some and made 2 savegames and no freezing happened because I had space for an extra 3rd save, it's the warning text for sure.

That was it. I got it fixed.

Attachments

• cv.png
    cv.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 353
Fixed it breaking when picking up items.
Unfortunately I'm still getting the game hanging when picking up the cube of Zoe. Same issue when trying to go through a blue door when you don't have the right item to progress. Here's a link to my save that's right next to the item, hope it works- I've never ripped save games off my Saturn before.

Edit: I'm on a VA1 Saturn running Fenrir on the latest firmware, non-patched redump game works fine.
Edit 2: Just tested it on Yaba Sanshiro and I see the "obtained" text and the game doesn't hang.

Last edited:
V.080
This patch is loosely based on the PSX translation version. The final version will contain the PSP version.
Please reconsider this! I'm not sure if providing an option for either English dub/translation would effectively double the workload, but I know that I and others vastly prefer the original PSX version's dialogue. I understand that the PSP version includes some of the extra elements present in the Saturn port (like the Maria fight), but I also recall that the original PSX version had unused dialogue that covered this scenario to some extent? In any event, thank you for putting in the time and effort to turn a project like this into reality. I am excited to see what's coming down the pipeline!

The PSX version unfortunately is missing sounds for certain battles. There will be the definitive patch which will contain the PSP version since it is accurate, and a nostalgic patch for those who want the original PSX version. At then end of this process, swapping scripts should not be a problem.

Please reconsider this! I'm not sure if providing an option for either English dub/translation would effectively double the workload, but I know that I and others vastly prefer the original PSX version's dialogue. I understand that the PSP version includes some of the extra elements present in the Saturn port (like the Maria fight), but I also recall that the original PSX version had unused dialogue that covered this scenario to some extent? In any event, thank you for putting in the time and effort to turn a project like this into reality. I am excited to see what's coming down the pipeline!
The unused dialogue from the PSX version isn't the same as the scenes in the Saturn and PSP version. They're for completely different endings that are completely unrelated.

The PSX version unfortunately is missing sounds for certain battles. There will be the definitive patch which will contain the PSP version since it is accurate, and a nostalgic patch for those who want the original PSX version. At then end of this process, swapping scripts should not be a problem.
I prefer the script faithful to the jp one but it's great you are giving people options. I think the US ps1 translation only works with that shitty dub but to each their own.
So, have your considered removing the awful I Am The Wind in the psp script version, please?

r4 on breakpoint(0601960C) crashes i got so far

060F87DA - room left of waterfall (pressing switch)
060F5522 - mist gate in library

I need to check the waterfall, but all Mist gates have been addressed. Thank you.

Forgot, I already addressed this button as well. Definitely need to know if other areas like this exist though.

Last edited:
Back