Universal Dreamcast Patcher

Universal Dreamcast Patcher - My new utility for patching TOSEC/Redump images, along with its own patch format. 0.7

Hey everyone,

So as some of you may know, for the last 6 months I've been working on English translation patches for the Dreamcast. With three under my belt so far, I've been thinking about how the Dreamcast lacks an easy, portable patch format that can be applied to any TOSEC or Redump disc image.

While still in its early stages, my new Universal Dreamcast Patcher aims to fill that void. You can download and read all about it at the links below.

I look forward to any feedback and ideas!

screenshot.gif

Last edited:
Hi Derek, and thanks for your tool, I'm excited about it and hope it progresses favorably.
One of the things that I would like you to implement in the future would be to accommodate different output formats in addition to the CDI. such as .bin and .cue with custom LBA with compatible cdda.
It would be like creating a mini GDI.
It would be interesting to have this option

Hi Derek, and thanks for your tool, I'm excited about it and hope it progresses favorably.
One of the things that I would like you to implement in the future would be to accommodate different output formats in addition to the CDI. such as .bin and .cue with custom LBA with compatible cdda.
It would be like creating a mini GDI.
It would be interesting to have this option

Hi there, thank you! I agree with you, and on my roadmap are the following items:
  • Support for patched disc image (output) in Redump-style CUE format.
  • Support for source and patched disc images (input and output) in CDI format.
  • Extend DCP patch format to support modifying CDDA tracks.
  • Ensure consistent file hashes for patched disc images (output).
  • New feature for automatically creating DCP patches by supplying the original source disc image and the fully patched disc image.
  • Research methods for decreasing size of patch file, such as using diffs/deltas on modified files.
  • Linux and Mac support.