Utah rave broken up by SWAT team

ya, I got invited to go to that, lol. My friend Ashley went and wrote up some account and posted it on her blog. Kinda shitty :(.

Definatly sounds like they went too far. Breaking the event up, is one thing. But using dogs and beating people is a little too fascist.

Hmm, this reminds me of a Rave party that was broken in the Czech Republic a couple of months ago. Now, all the youth in Prague is up in arms about the brutality of the breakup from cops. The reactions all around are always a bit extreme, like a grotesque game of "He said, she said." There were probably limited, stupid cops who don't anything during the day, the ones that really want to use their firearm or mace, in the breakup which brings down the reputation of the rest of the police force. Now in the Czech Republic the police are generally regarded as stupid and incompetent, but still there are those who say that the breakup there wasn't exactly us versus them.

I am not from Utah, but I always have the feeling that the people in the state do not feel free. I've met a homosexual from Utah in NYC and he doesn't exactly seem anxious to return home. But I still think there are reasonable ways to solve problems. Not beating someone up is a good start, but also not provoking such actions is also quite nice as well.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Thu, 2005-08-25 @ 04:53 AM

Nah, just brutal and/or excessive. Fascism is its own special brand of super-scary stuff.

[post=138717]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, for it to be facist they'd have to be screaming hail *insert drug czars name here* while doing above mentioned things.

Back