Video Game Auction site

Hello folks,

I know this is out of topic, but not really? bidiots.com is an auction site, but for video games, and other related things. Share the news!together we can all make a difference and *defeat* eBay!.... ebay is just one big monopoly company that can get away with raising fees when they feel like.

One of the problems I got with this site is that they don't have any sort of insurance policy I could find. So if you ever get screwed you won't get any money back.

that stinks, but to be honest, I can't remember ebay, ever comming through for me (at least as a buyer) I think they have a better policies for sellers, but I may be wrong.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Mar 30, 2004 @ 07:48 AM

One of the problems I got with this site is that they don't have any sort of insurance policy I could find. So if you ever get screwed you won't get any money back.

That's true, but eBay's isn't that much better. Isn't the max you can collect on eBay $200? You can use PayPal, and any other credit card service. Which provides that security.

Besides, this is a new site, i'm sure if they get the support, they will introduce something like this...

I don't know why people have such problems with eBay.

Besides the fees (which pays for good features), it's a great place.

If you know what you are doing, you shouldn't have a problem.

Long live eBay

Ebay doesn't really give any insurances itself, though you are right, there doesn't seem to be a non-paying-bidder refund like Ebay, have you tried emailing them to see if they will do something like that? If you get ripped off, well ebay wont do much for you unless you use their paypal service, bidiots.com uses paypal too, so it has the same protection (I guess)

I signed up and I'm using bidiots.com Ebay is good, I still search for stuff there,but this is a cool idea, to have an all videogames site, plus I clicked an ad to a skins site to put a skin onto my xbox too, so its not a bad idea, I'll use it.

Curt

eBay does have insurance to a certain extent and they do offer warrenties to be purchased at a reasonable price

I think that Ebay knows it does a lot of sales in video games and they'll want to protect that. (It used to be that it was hard to find the video game listings by browing but now "Video Games" is its own massive category.)

But, a little competition never hurt anyone. It's true that Ebay is becoming a bit like Microsoft. Example: Ebay bought out one of Paypal's competitors for online payments, and then bought out Paypal, the number one online payment service, and started integrating everything. Now, the only outfits that can compete with that are some banks (like Citibank, but I don't know how many people use that) or Western Union. And, at that, Western Union makes most of its money from people sending cash to their relatives in other countries anyways, so the auction thing is just sort of a little side venture.

How to make an auction site much better for video game stuff: better user interface features. And massive advertising, and support from the major game magazines. A countdown clock that updates itself automatically, and tight security to prevent bid snipers. I use Ebay for a fair bit, but I wouldn't mind seeing some competition. It can only lead to positive results.

Back