Wahoo!! Just Graduated High School!!

Shitface

Established Member
i just had my graduation yesterday! It was boring for the most part but it feels good to have graduated. Any who, now I will be off to college in fall and then moving to an art school to get a degree in Animation.

I havn't been to the boards in a while either. I gotta catch up on all these topics. Oh yeah, I also have an Interview with Game Crazy! I hope that goes well.

Guess I just wanted to say hi to everyone again, and i think this summer will be great for me and hope its great for you all too.

:cheers Congrats to you. I remember when I graduated. It was such a relief. Highschool is a game that i hated playing. Good look with your future plans.

Congratulations!

Anyway, take my word for it, stay the hell away from animation, if you're talking about the hand drawn kind. The market is getting smaller every year (in the US anyway), and they'll have you bustin' your ass for 80 hours a week.

CG is a different story though, still long hours, but the field is more open.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@May 27, 2004 @ 10:28 AM

sweet, I graduate on the 4th, it'll be nice. Where at you goin to college?

I am going to San Antonio College (comunity college) first to get my basics out the way. Then to the Art Institute of Houston.

Oh, and as for 2D, i am going for 3D animation even though i love 2D animation. Cause 2D animation is indeed dying out in the us.

Congratulations! Don't get too hooked on graduations, some people just stay in school to keep on graduating. :lol:

Originally posted by MTXBlau@May 27, 2004 @ 04:19 PM

Congratulations! Don't get too hooked on graduations, some people just stay in school to keep on graduating. :lol:

Who would do that? My High School sucked, and our graduation sucked. There was a bad storm, but the administrators are too stupid to look out a window. Then they had screwed up with ticket count, and had too many people to move it indoors. So we went outside as planned, and of course it started raining. But since the rain "made the stage too slippery", we weren't allowed to march up there and get our diplomas. Finally, the parents were getting so upset that they were forced to let us walk (soaked) to get our stupid papers. The only funny part was when the parents were booing them, and one of them started calling out the names in order. Had they kept us waiting in the rain for much longer, they would have had a full-scale revolt on their hands. Idiots.

I was so glad to get out of that craphole.

Oh, and as for 2D, i am going for 3D animation even though i love 2D animation. Cause 2D animation is indeed dying out in the us.

Good choice. BTW, where do you live? Maybe I can get you an internship after you've acquired some skills.

Congratulations!

I graduate on the fifth. I'm really looking forward to it. This will be the first summer I won't have to do a bunch of summer reading. I don't know if I'll be able to handle the freedom this presents me. :smash :banana

Originally posted by it290@May 27, 2004 @ 02:58 PM

Good choice. BTW, where do you live? Maybe I can get you an internship after you've acquired some skills.

I'm In San Antonio Texas right now, but the school I am going to is in Houston Texas. Not the greatest city in the world but oh well. That would be awsome if you could do that.

Oh and its good to know that someone remembered me! My schedual had been busy do to end of school exams and getting a new job, which i really don't like. I am a slicer at Bill Millers. But i have an interview next week to work at Gamecrazy wich should be cool.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 28, 2004 @ 04:17 AM

Welcome back, Shitface. :) BTW, did you know that mountaindud was worried about you about two weeks ago since you were MIA for 2 months? It's good to know that you're okay.

Shitface you could have called or something. :rant The night I posted that, I finally cried myself to sleep at about 5 AM. Seriously though, anyone that can draw a decent picture of themself covered in doodoo butter with Paint® earns my respect.

I still have one more year of highschool to go. :bs At least I signed up for a bunch of loser classes next year, no math, four welding/shop classes. :D

Originally posted by mountaindud@May 31, 2004 @ 01:11 AM

Shitface you could have called or something. :rant The night I posted that, I finally cried myself to sleep at about 5 AM. Seriously though, anyone that can draw a decent picture of themself covered in doodoo butter with Paint® earns my respect.

:lol: Thats great! Your love for my doodoo butter has made me want to make it my Avatar.

Speaking of doodoo butter, I may have said this before, but my English teacher thought i had a Fetish for poop. Cause i drew it on all my papers.

Originally posted by Shitface@May 31, 2004 @ 04:59 PM

Speaking of doodoo butter, I may have said this before, but my English teacher thought i had a Fetish for poop. Cause i drew it on all my papers.

So... you don't?

Originally posted by Shitface+May 31, 2004 @ 11:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shitface @ May 31, 2004 @ 11:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud@May 31, 2004 @ 01:11 AM

:lol: Thats great! Your love for my doodoo butter has made me want to make it my Avatar.

Speaking of doodoo butter, I may have said this before, but my English teacher thought i had a Fetish for poop. Cause i drew it on all my papers. [/b][/quote]

I'll bet you're a huge Conker's Bad Fur Day® fan. :D

Back