Well, how's Halo 2?

Well, how's Halo 2?

Well, here at college, I could only manage to bring up my PSTwo (it's so cute) and the Cube, so I'm missing out on Halo. So.....how is it? Is it God's gift to all mankind? Eh?

Also, in the meantime I'm replaying Halo on my PC, with all the kewl bump/normal mapping, lighting, and other whizz bangs. And I was wondering if Halo 2 on the Xbox looks better than the revamped PC Halo. Any insights?

Anyway, I hope all of you who are stupid enough to have an Xobx (like me) are enjoying the title. After re-visiting the original Halo, I now begin to see how well crafted the game was. Bungie knows what they are doing....

Well, how's Halo 2?

to quote John Kerry 'more of the same.'

It's merely a MP upgrade of the first from what I hear from people that have it.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I'm loving it - the Earth levels look fantasitic, although it's taken me a little while to get used to the controls again.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I'm probably going to be off to get it soon. I hated the first one, but for some reason, I have a feeling this one is going to be good. And when I get a hunch like this, they are usually right about half the time--and I like those odds! :banana

Well, how's Halo 2?

I was clearly dissapointed with the original Halo. I have a strong feeling, I'll still be dissapointed with the sequel.

No FPS can top Doom. Period.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 12:33 PM

I was clearly dissapointed with the original Halo. I have a strong feeling, I'll still be dissapointed with the sequel.

No FPS can top Doom. Period.

AMAZING! You are SO old-school! You know what? You are cool.

:blah

Halo 2 seriously is a great game, graphically amazing, with good music, enjoyable and entertaining gameplay, a fairly good story, and a very fun and long-lasting multi-player mode.

I really like it, and I am a person who hates FPS games.

Well, how's Halo 2?

WHA?!

All I said is that I dislike Halo, and I love Doom. No need to give me crap about it.

:(

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 01:45 PM

WHA?!

All I said is that I dislike Halo, and I love Doom. No need to give me crap about it.

:(

Hahaha, sure honey. If Halo was a GameCube exclusive title, you would love it to death.

And for some reason I feel like you do not fit the "old-school gamer" profile at all.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Ease up, Des.

You are correct, though. The music is superb, as it was with the original. I also think the story is what sells it. It's not Shakespeare, but it's good sci-fi. It is interesting enough to keep the player entertained, unlike a certain other high-profile FPS release...

Well, how's Halo 2?

Yeah yeah...

Whenever I buy myself an XBox, I will most likely get both Halo and Halo 2. I enjoy FPS games, and they're good games.

When I said I was "dissapointed" it was because everyone made it seem like the single greatest game in the world, when it clearly is just another FPS. Although I love the animation of the enemies, and their death animations.

Hype is a bad thing people.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Have they done anything to make the single player campaign a bit less monotonous? That was my only complaint with the original (other than the crappy performance on the PC version).

Well, how's Halo 2?

hated the first one, but for some reason, I have a feeling this one is going to be good.

Same here.

Oh my god.. I've really been contradicting myself haven't I?

:lol:

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 02:20 PM

When I said I was "dissapointed" it was because everyone made it seem like the single greatest game in the world, when it clearly is just another FPS. Although I love the animation of the enemies, and their death animations.

Hype is a bad thing people.

Halo had it's flaws, sure, like repetitive areas and some boring and extremely long stages, but those little details don't mean that the game is bad or anything like that.

Regarding hype, if you don't like it, just don't pay attention to it. You cannot hate a game JUST because it is over-hyped, play it, and only then judge it. Hype shouldn't render games better or worse in any way.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2004-11-09 @ 02:26 PM

Have they done anything to make the single player campaign a bit less monotonous? That was my only complaint with the original (other than the crappy performance on the PC version).

Actually yes, less repetitive areas, more dynamic gameplay overall, better story, and well... telling you more would spoil some of the surprises.

Well, how's Halo 2?

I'm actually a big fan of Hexen. I still ocassionally go to LAN parties where we setup jHexen and play for hours on end, that stuff is classic. Some of the level designs were genius.

Well, how's Halo 2?

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Mon, 2004-11-08 @ 11:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Mon, 2004-11-08 @ 11:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Halo had it's flaws, sure, like repetitive areas and some boring and extremely long stages, but those little details don't mean that the game is bad or anything like that.

Regarding hype, if you don't like it, just don't pay attention to it. You cannot hate a game JUST because it is over-hyped, play it, and only then judge it. Hype shouldn't render games better or worse in any way.

[post=123240]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

That's my problem, I get caught up in the hype, then I end up being dissapointed with the game in question

Whether it be Halo, Fable, etc.

<!--QuoteBegin-SkankinMonkey
@Mon, 2004-11-08 @ 11:31 PM

I'm actually a big fan of Hexen.  I still ocassionally go to LAN parties where we setup jHexen and play for hours on end, that stuff is classic.  Some of the level designs were genius.

[post=123244]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Hexen was awesome.

Anyone remember Blood? That game kicked ass, and was funny as hell.

"I hate mimes."

"Ah... Better than Kool-Aid."

"Over the lips and through the gums, look out tummy here I come."

:lol:

Well, how's Halo 2?

oh yea, descent is awesome too. not 2 or 3 though. afterburners ruined the dogfight for me, and headlighs were just dumb. but 3 was so bleh, even with the more 'open' environment.

Back