what game/series would u like to see return?

i was inspired to create this thread from Darsh's post here

We've got Guardian Heroes back for the GBA, Altered Beast in the making, Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden both resurrected, what other classic series would you like to see return?

i say BRING ON STREETS OF RAGE!

Originally posted by WiseMan@Jun 6, 2004 @ 09:07 PM

i was inspired to create this thread from Darsh's post here

We've got Guardian Heroes back for the GBA, Altered Beast in the making, Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden both resurrected, what other classic series would you like to see return?

i say BRING ON STREETS OF RAGE!

I was about to say Streets of Rage until I saw your last line. Maybe a new Golden Axe? :unsure:

EDIT: Forgot about NiGHTS! :looney Also a new Burning Rangers would be cool.

I have to agree with it290. Though with the impending bankruptcy of Interplay, I bet the rumored Fallout 3 will be sold to someone.

Originally posted by Shitface@Jun 6, 2004 @ 07:17 PM

General Chaos!!!

Aside from being one of the most underrated and greatest party games ever, General Chaos is one of those games that would probably be very successful if there were updated graphics and physics tweaking - though I don't think either of those are necessary.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - scenarios 2 and 3 of Shining Force III translated. There has to be money in it somewhere, otherwise why would they keep releasing new Shining series games?

Shadowrun, General Chaos, hell yes! Fallout too, as long as they don't make another plotless action RPG like this last one (the one for Xbox/PS2, not the PC "Tactics" one which also sucks). You know, all General Chaos needs is some online and offline 4-12 player action, and it is instant gold.

Shadowrun, all it needs is for someone to go to Wiz Kids, burn them to the ground, and steal the Shadowrun license back. Yes, when FASA went under, Wiz Kids bought the license. Someone else needs that license, so new games and books can be made. All Wiz Kids wants to do with it is create a mediocre miniatures game :(

I would only like to see Streets of Rage 4 if it was going to be a 2D game. Otherwise, they might as well just make Dynamite Cop 2 of Zombie Revenge 2 or something of that sort.

I would love to see another NiGHTS game, but I fear that the original gameplay may not survive wholly intact. NiGHTS is probably my single favorite game of all time. I say this because I think that its gameplay is perfect, and every other element of the game mixes into that aspect just right. I would be heartbroken if they altered anything about it, and there's a very good chance that they would.

On a different note, I would really like to see Cotton, the queen of cute-em-ups, make a comeback sometime. Since Rainbow Cotton was poorly received due to its lousy control, it seems like the series is probably going to be abandoned. That's a real shame, because the rest of the games aren't bad (OK, Marchen Cotton 100% isn't great either). The first Cotton game was pretty far out for its time, and Cotton 2 and Boomerang on the Saturn are two of the system's better 2D games, not to mention some of the most unique and innovative horizontal shmups ever. Then there's Panorama Cotton, which is like an evolved Space Harrier, and happens to be my favorite game on the Genesis and in the series. Needless to say, it really rocks.

I am hoping for another Panzer Dragoon Saga Game, hopefully one that is a prequel to all of the games and tells the story of the ancients at the height of their civilization?

Or i'll settle for another Watchenroder game

i'd like another NiGHTS but the excitement of just THINKING of a new Sreets of Rage made me forget about it.

isn't it about time we saw Daytona/Sega Rally 3? be a nice introduction for Sega's new arcade hardware.

Street Fighter Alpha 4?

Story of Thor 3?

Virtual On 3?

the possibilty of sequels is more limitless the more you think about it.

i say LESS of these old games being re-hashed and re-released and more SEQUELS.

and for the old skool PC/Amiga fans, SPACE QUEST!!!

I thought the whole point of the Alpha series was to give background to the original SFII games. How about moving on and doing SFIV with new sprites, new engine, etc? How many games with the same engine and sprites do we have to deal with before Capcom does something relatively new?

Historical context to the Panzer series would be really nice.

Has anyone seen the trailers for the demo for Streets of Rage 4? I'm not sure I'm crazy about the 1st person thing, but the developers seemed to think it was a good idea. In any event, any SoR4 would be better than another Dynamite Cop or ::shudder:: Zombie Revenge.

nights.... nights ..... nights.... and streets of rage, how about alex kidd??? that would be cool to see him on a next gen system

I wouldn't mind seeing a new incarnation of The Story of Thor (Beyond Oasis / Legend of Oasis).

edit: btw, there appears to be a GBA version of Guardian Heroes coming out in September

Originally posted by WiseMan@Jun 8, 2004 @ 12:03 PM

the possibilty of sequels is more limitless the more you think about it.

i say LESS of these old games being re-hashed and re-released and more SEQUELS.

That reminds me - I want a new Lunar, too. You can only remake it so many times before you've totally trashed what it was. Actually, they pretty much trashed them with the PSX/Saturn incarnations, but they broke Lunar 1 even more with the GBA version.

Back