What game would my girlfriend like?

Nadius

Established Member
I know the women of this board would probably get all upset and say not to generalize women and say they don't play games or not to sum up and stereotype their tastes with a few games, but hey, it's true, not alot of women play games, and if they do, there are certain titles that always come up.

Anyway, folks go ahead and post games that you know:

- definately appeal to women

- definately don't appeal to women

- women get hooked on (so i can avoid these, her friend is an EQer; she's always playing it, it seems)

I'll start with the manditory Mario Kart

I got my girlfriend :wub: to play MK:DD. She says she wants a gamecube now, but I think she's just trying to get me excited. I mean I'm a geek, but not that much of a geek where i'd be excited just because my girlfriend likes video games(but it helps).

Also, she says she also likes "that game where you run around and shoot people"... Should I be worried? :lol:

I didnt even need to click the link to know what it was... but yes this is funny.

Uh well she probably means GTA 3, my girl friends love gta 3 because they dont need to actually know how to play the game to have fun with it.

Other popular choices are super smash brothers and mario kart as you said before.

Yeah, I had an ex who played Harvest moon... I never tried it.... but that is for hardcore girl gamers who have the time and patience.

I thought the following would work but they do not:

Chu Chu is too hectic for the begining gamer.

Mr Driller is too hard to grasp the concept of.

Bomberman has too much going on.

What has worked:

UNO for Saturn is a great simple concept without a fast pace.

Bust-a-move is intermediate level for those who have gamed before.

Dance Dance Revolution is a classic for fun girls. My ex-girlfriend (not the harvest moon one) loved doing the foot work to it without even using a pad (which I don't own). She said, "I don't care about the score. I don't need validation." (we immediately made out after she said that).

Baku Baku is also an easy concept to grasp.

Crazy Driver. What can I say, try crazy driver.

I wonder what it is that makes men more open to all kinds of games but women seam to only appeal to this novice style of gaming.

My girlfriend loves Parappa.

On a slightly unrelated note, she asked for a toaster for Christmas which I refused to get her on account of it being a pretty boring present to get, so I started looking for some Parappa stuff.

Then, like some sort of sign from the eBay God, I found this. I love compromise ;)

cute gift Myname! :)

Wish my gf was more into video games. Only thing she likes playing is NES games on the Dreamcast.

Sad huh. :looney

Girls i have played with like either sim games like Harvest moon, or The Sims. Also puzzle games like Bust a move is good. They like that kinda cute yet fun stuff. Try Pocket fighters! My girlfriend really liked playing Hunter The Reckoning (spelling?) with me. it was kinda weird.

Originally posted by for your lungs only@Dec 9, 2003 @ 11:50 PM

Super Monkey Ball

Bust A Move 4

Legend of Zelda [any]

Super Smash Bros.

Mario Golf

Mad Maestro

Britney's Dance Beat

mad maestro, hawf

btw read ur pm's and reply please

Fiancee loves the Virtua Tennis. Not 2k2, though.

Friend of mine likes Time Splitters... she and the hubby play it pretty frequently (I think she likes it more than he does).

My sister digs QIIIA, but doesn't like Unreal Tourney. Go figure.

DDR is always a favorite.

It's not overtly simplistic gaming, it's a matter of 'less is more'. Games that could theoretically induce a seizure are out (with the exception of Rez, which is too much of an art form to be put down). I don't know about one player games (ala GTA3), from what I read females tend to enjoy more of the multi player types. But that's only what I've read; the females here most certainly are the best judges of it.

In my experiences, girls like games that they can pick up and play fast with as little insturction possible. From what I own, the top were mario party, death tank, mario kart, bomberman, and Samba de Amigo (with maracas! :cool: )

I did find a girl who picked up on halo fast :blink: That was...impressive. and hot. :blush:

Originally posted by Jurai@Dec 9, 2003 @ 06:11 AM

Did you propose to Lungs over a pm? :lol:

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut+Dec 10, 2003 @ 01:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ammut @ Dec 10, 2003 @ 01:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> In my experiences, girls like games that they can pick up and play fast with as little insturction possible. From what I own, the top were mario party, death tank, mario kart, bomberman, and Samba de Amigo (with maracas! :cool: )

I did find a girl who picked up on halo fast :blink: That was...impressive. and hot. :blush:

<!--QuoteBegin-Jurai
@Dec 9, 2003 @ 06:11 AM

Did you propose to Lungs over a pm? :lol:

---Ammut [/b][/quote]

ya i'm gonna dress up as link then we are gonna make out

edit: i bought a chick an xbox with halo for christmas

Back