What games do you recommend?

Cloud121

Established Member
I know i'm getting Virtua fighter 3 (that's why I want a Dreamcast in the first place), Crazy Taxi, and the NBA and NFL games. But other than those, I'm not really to sure which games to get.

Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Jet Grind Radio.

I can recommend some others, but these are must owns.

If you're into shooters of the "climb into a spaceship and blow everything up" variety, I highly recommend Mars Matrix. It's brilliant (some would even go so far as to say that it's Radiant).

As for PSO, it is playable offline.

If you like shooters... give Bangai-O a shot. It's highly underrated :)

ExCyber: Never heard of Mars Matrix, but you're saying that it could be potentially "Radiant"? That is, from a critical angle, one #### of a praise.

I'm not saying it's comparable to RS, but others have. As far as I'm concerned, it's not really the same, though they are both a lot of fun. There is a particular feature of it that will make some people think that it's a knockoff of the Radiant Sword (and it probably was inspired by it to some extent), but the way it's applied affects the gameplay in a quite different way. It doesn't have the richness of pattern that RS has (at least as far as I've played into it), but makes up for it in sheer intensity. That being said, it's a great "adrenaline rush" game, and a #### of a lot of fun if you're awake enough to play it :). Mars Matrix is much closer to a traditional "blast the #### out of everything" shooter such as Strikers 1945; it's not as creative in the gameplay model as RS is. I'd say it's worth checking out if you like that sort of thing.

shenmue for the dc is good skies is great the atari comp. is good but out of all the dc games the best one hands down is dragon riders or perm great under rated game stay away from games like wild metal and incoming they look and feel more like tech demos then games and toy commander looks like a saturn game and plays like a 8 bit nes game you might like it i didn't i think sega of europe just needed something for launch and they gave us that pile of crap

I second Kyo's suggestion - Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 is too sick. I can't stop playing it for more than a few minutes. :) Well, not quite I also have been enjoying Ooga Booga a lot too.

gee, what a surprise, Akuma recommends Alpha 3 ;). I'm getting VF3 (DUH!! :)) NFL2k1, NBA2k1, and WSB2k1 (Sports Bundle). That'll probably be all for a month or two :(. I don't mind though, I need to build my Saturn collection (I NEED Sega Rally, VF Remix, VF, and the original Panzer Dragoon :))

Well, Alpha 3 is cheap (only $19.99), plus you've already listed VF3, that's why I did listed it. I think WSB2K2 is better than its predecessor, but since you're getting it bundled, that's cool, cheaper that way. Good luck searching for those games for your Saturn collection.

I think I'll get the DC remake of RE2 (that way, I can stop begging my friend for his copy of the PS version, I've already got RE3 on PSX :)) Capcom vs SNK (does that have Tag-Team?) definately (Ryu vs everyone else who wins? ;) Ryu of course :)) what else? Does Grandia II require me to have played the first game? (example: they talk about events that happened, that I know nothing about)

Quote: from Cloud121 on 9:46 pm on Sep. 25, 2001

I think I'll get the DC remake of RE2 (that way, I can stop begging my friend for his copy of the PS version, I've already got RE3 on PSX :)) Capcom vs SNK (does that have Tag-Team?) definately (Ryu vs everyone else who wins? ;) Ryu of course :)) what else? Does Grandia II require me to have played the first game? (example: they talk about events that happened, that I know nothing about)
Not quite, it depends on who is controling Ryu, whether it be human or CPU. If I may say so myself, CPU Geese Howard is one tough mofo. BTW, I loved the way Capcom animated Akuma's entry stance, looks like he's radiating his ki to show how powerful he is to make his opponents fell how weak they truly are.

As for the tag team, it's not the same as the other Vs. games. You choose the order of who fights first. Only after your first character gets KO-ed, then your next character comes in to fights in a new battle against the opponent that defeated your first character. Your opponent will have a minutely improved health bar from the last fight BTW, that's how it goes.

I don't think so, but you may want to check out some of its reviews regarding storyline.

I don't know...I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. :p Aren't they simply turned based though?

The Grandia 2 system is HIGHLY flexible. You'll have to try it out to see what I mean. But I can tell you that everyone whose played it immediatly talks about the battle system above all else. The graphics are nothing to sneeze about either.

BTW, I just picked up Ooga Booga...anybody else have this?

Back