What happen....?

Shitface

Established Member
I havn't played PSO (xbox) for like a month. When i first bought it, it wasn't that bad. But after the long pause in playing, i go back online and find that there is a flood of dupers, hackers, and people playing with hacked stuff. The very first game i tried to connect to crashed. It makes me sad to see so many people doing that. Well, this is going to be my last month of pso. I don't want to pay every month for that. I'll just play offline with friends or something.
sad.gif

-Edit- Can you play this game with a system link?

nope, no system link that i know of. xbox was fucked for this from the start due to its PC like nature. its so easy to go in and edit the hard drive data now its scary. maybey PSO ep3 will be smart enough to store characters server side. then again the braniacs who decided it should be a card game now probably arent that smart.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 28, 2003 @ 10:15 AM

I havn't played PSO (xbox) for like a month. When i first bought it, it wasn't that bad. But after the long pause in playing, i go back online and find that there is a flood of dupers, hackers, and people playing with hacked stuff. The very first game i tried to connect to crashed. It makes me sad to see so many people doing that. Well, this is going to be my last month of pso. I don't want to pay every month for that. I'll just play offline with friends or something.
sad.gif

-Edit- Can you play this game with a system link?

Yup. My friend Chris told me about all the mad, rampant Xbox hacking (stuff like the Al Rappies armour add-in... jeeze).

If you want to play PSO at this point, get the GameCube version. AFAIK there aren't any items that have been 'hacked into' the game (no create-an-items), though people have used Action Replay to un-seal the J-Sword... something nobody's done legitimately yet. And there are numerous dupers... but other than that it isn't too bad right now.

I wouldn't really care for any of this going on... its just that i have to pay and i don't like where its going.

what are you talking about, jsword was unsealed way before AR was out, you just need to kill like 3000 enimies in one sitting to do that. or so i hear. but i know it has long been unsealed

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Jul 1, 2003 @ 06:50 AM

what are you talking about, jsword was unsealed way before AR was out, you just need to kill like 3000 enimies in one sitting to do that. or so i hear. but i know it has long been unsealed

There's a 30 or so page thread at pso-world.com discussing possible ways to unseal it.

If it was that simple, you'd think someone would've SAID it there by now.

well nobody ever said that oran delbiter drops pasacitic gene "flow" either, but its fairly common knowlege around the well educated. my main point is that ive seen that big blue energy bubble coming out of people w. jswords for a long time.

Of course there is hacking on the xbox.. It is just like the dc version as bad or turning as worse.

The normal game without hacking is boring.. Sorry to say... I am not in support of harmful codes such as FSOD, BSOD, RSOD, vK, cK, NOL, PK's or anything like that but duping and item making, walk through walls, all techs and be able to use every class of weapon is just in good fun :smash

I hate people who whine about hacking on PSO.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 2, 2003 @ 12:51 PM

Of course there is hacking on the xbox.. It is just like the dc version as bad or turning as worse.

The normal game without hacking is boring.. Sorry to say... I am not in support of harmful codes such as FSOD, BSOD, RSOD, vK, cK, NOL, PK's or anything like that but duping and item making, walk through walls, all techs and be able to use every class of weapon is just in good fun :smash

I could care less if people hack and dupe and whatnot offline, because the gameplay without any story can get hella boring. But when online, its hard to play with hackers because it can cause the game to freeze. And everything that you have thats not equiped or in your bank is lost. Not to mention everyone thinks there all powerfull with they're all mighty hacked armor and weapons. Its most non hanus.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jul 2, 2003 @ 12:51 PM

Y'know, that's exactly the kind of attitude that legit players despise. Thank you very much.

"Wall hacks" and the like CAN cause the game to crash for non-hacking players, just in case you didn't know that.

And 'all techs' and 'be able to use every weapon' is seriously retarded. Why not just remove the game's entire god damned class system while you're at it?

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Jul 2, 2003 @ 12:00 AM

well nobody ever said that oran delbiter drops pasacitic gene "flow" either, but its fairly common knowlege around the well educated. my main point is that ive seen that big blue energy bubble coming out of people w. jswords for a long time.

By the way, that has never been proven or confirmed, and my friend RJ has an Oran HUmar and he's never received a 'flow' from a Delbiter but he's found three legit 'flow's from Olga Flow.

And you said kill 3000 enemies in one sitting for the J-Sword? That's also BS, because people on PSO-World have killed 7000+ enemies in one sitting to no avail. Slider got an unsealed J-Sword earlier today in a trade, and it has 90% against A.Beast, Machine, and Dark - an obvious hack.

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Jul 4, 2003 @ 03:08 PM

how is that even possible? olga flow doesnt drop anything!

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/vi...c=57262&forum=7

Like hell Olga Flow doesn't drop anything.

I repeat, the Parasitic Gene "Flow" from Olga Flow has been confirmed. Getting one from Delbiter has not, so much for 'Common Knowledge'.

Edit: And one more thing. Why the heck would a Delbiter drop Olga Flow's DNA? It just doesn't make sense... look at other items - Booma's Left Arm is, incidentally, dropped by Boomas.
smile.gif
And as for the J-Sword being unsealed... people have thus far either used Action Replay (as I said above) or duped it from people with Action Replay. And keep in mind, also, that the AR has been out in Japan for like 6+ Months before it came out elsewhere... and finally, keep in mind the biggest 'OMG. It can't be known...' - people on the Japan servers i.e. the people who've been playing the game since it came out (and some since before - beta testers) haven't figured it out yet. BANG. =) And rumour has it that it's going to be a download quest that hasn't been released yet. OK that's it for now.

OMFG!!! I just went online again after another month passes by. I hate pso now. Lvl 12 guys with tons of J-swords or whatever they are and nothing but rare mags. I worked freakin hard for my musashis. And the low level people i was playwing with were doing freakin 960 damage with one hit. They were like, "is that all you have are musashis? You don't have anything better?" Last time i played, Musashis were top of the line stuff. :(, i guess i'll stick to split screen with my homies.

shit if you wanna play with non hacks, look me up I play with a bunch of people who don't cheat.

I wish the XBOX live update would come out now. That way you can invite a friend to play a game, even if he or she is playing a totally different game. But sadly, i don't think i will be able to play online anymore. As my 2 free months are up and i really don't want to pay for more. Actually i had 3 free months. The original credit card used to pay was cancled, so when they tried to bill me, they gave me 30 extra days to pay before they cut my PSO game.

Originally posted by SegaSaturnDDR@Jun 28, 2003 @ 08:10 PM

then again the braniacs who decided it should be a card game now probably arent that smart.

yea.....whats with that, anyway?

how bad will that suck!?

The idea is that if they make it the same kind of game, it's going to be "Ugh... it's the same thing AGAIN" - they want to keep it fresh so the people who spent thousands of hours in Episodes 1 and 2 won't feel like it's the same damn game that they've already poured their lives into.

Hopefully the next PSO will be a full-fledged sequel, possibly massively multiplayer (ie many people playing in the same game at once. Not like diablo, not like PSO). If its done right it'd still be party-centric, since you could always form adventuring parties of 4 or so. Also, I think the combat needs revising, something like how the real-time action of Knights of the Old Republic (it uses turn-based rules but puts it into action, remove pausing for an online game of course). Not with the AD&D 3rd edition rules though, of course! Whatever rules they want to use, I just mean the way it handles combat. I love melee combat, the sparring, as well as ranged craziness.

Anyway, Episode 2 is the last episode of PSO I think I'll be playing... I'll wait and see if we'll eventually get a PSO II.

Back