What is the best Saturn Racing game ?

I would probably take zero4champ off the list as it is more of an adventure game thena racing game.

For me it was a toss-up between Daytona CCE and Sega Rally, but idecided to go with sega rally

I remember really liking Manx TT.

Hate to be an annoying poll criticizer but you forgot "Chase H.Q. Special: Police S.C.I." Although that probably wasn't a very popular game, I like that too.

Originally posted by Dud@Sun, 2005-08-28 @ 05:37 PM

I remember really liking Manx TT.

Hate to be an annoying poll criticizer but you forgot "Chase H.Q. Special: Police S.C.I." Although that probably wasn't a very popular game, I like that too.

[post=138866]Quoted post[/post]​

I can't add it :blink:

Originally posted by vbt@Sun, 2005-08-28 @ 11:58 AM

I can't add it :blink:

[post=138868]Quoted post[/post]​

Neither can I actually, this poll has reached the maximum number of choices (30).

Sega Rally never dies! :eek:wned

I´m still playing it evey once in a while,today I managed to break a new record on Desert course: 0´50"37 :banana

I were just about to send in the picture when there seemed to be some techical eroor with the high score section of SegaXtreme :/

[attachmentid=1529]

Attachments

• Sega_Rally_record_Desert_0_50_37.jpg
    Sega_Rally_record_Desert_0_50_37.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 161
Originally posted by Action Replay@Sat, 2005-10-08 @ 08:45 PM

I were just about to send in the picture when there seemed to be some techical eroor with the high score section of SegaXtreme :/

Again a pb of my provider :damn:

Outrun for me, although as far as games that would actually be considered 'Saturn' games per se, I'd have to go for Sega Rally.

Wow... Vatlva. Haven't played that in a long time.

I'm going with the Need for Speed. There's a certain appeal to it (mass/party appeal)... but I would put Sega Rally at a close second.

If you were to compile a worst of... it'd be Wangan Dead Heat at the top. :D

It's amazing (and somehow anoying) that NFS is one of the very best racing games on Saturn.

Mind that it's one of the early games. The 2 player mode is faster and got more oponent cars involved as any other Saturn racing game I know (okay, Daytona).

SEGA Rally is known by everyone, really good playability, but it lacks some non-arcade features for long time enjoyment. And the GFX quality has been surpassed by other Saturn games.

Manx TT is overrated here, that's my oppinion. SEGA Touring Car instead is a real perl of a racing game.

But I have yet not played a lot of Saturn racing games.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sun, 2005-10-09 @ 04:28 PM

Manx TT is overrated here, that's my oppinion. SEGA Touring Car instead is a real perl of a racing game.

[post=140508]Quoted post[/post]​

I like both.

Manx TT is IMHO the best Bike racing game on the Saturn.

Sega Touring Car is so fast and the graphics are very nice, I have only a problem with the handling of this game (it is better with the 3D pad).

:agree it´s the handling that pulls it down a bit, even if a game like Sega rally do not have many courses and cars what still makes it so good is the handling,it´s a shame that they didn´t put some more time on developing the handling a bit more on Sega touring Car :/

Originally posted by ZikZak+Mon, 2005-10-10 @ 10:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZikZak @ Mon, 2005-10-10 @ 10:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like both.

Manx TT is IMHO the best Bike racing game on the Saturn.

[post=140549]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Are there any else other than Hang On and Road Rash. Road Rash is cool and even better than on PS.

<!--QuoteBegin-ZikZak
@Mon, 2005-10-10 @ 10:04 AM

Sega Touring Car is so fast and the graphics are very nice, I have only a problem with the handling of this game (it is better with the 3D pad).

[post=140549]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

True. The analog control pad is required.

Initial D is pretty good too, actually. Too story line based for my liking (I can't read Japanese... yet).

I don't think there are any other moto racing games other than Hang On and Manx. That being said, Hang On is pretty cool. The two player mode with 'catch up' makes for some interesting races.

Originally posted by Action Replay@Sat, 2005-10-08 @ 08:45 PM

Sega Rally never dies! :eek:wned

I´m still playing it evey once in a while,today I managed to break a new record on Desert course: 0´50"37 :banana

[attachmentid=1529]

[post=140480]Quoted post[/post]​

added :) I think i will add the type of the car for this game.

Originally posted by KuKzz@Tue, 2005-10-11 @ 07:09 AM

Only I voted for Daytona CCE ? :huh

[post=140608]Quoted post[/post]​

i had to say sega rally its one of the racers i still pull out and play on saturn road rash was a close 2nd and i also remember the saturn one being a bit better then ps1

Back