What sold you on the Saturn?

I decided to get a Saturn over the Playstation because the Playstation did not have Bug. That's right, Bug. I played it on a demo machine in blockbuster and I was hooked. And I bought the Saturn at launch.

So why or why didn't you get a Saturn and when?

All of Sega's arcade ports to it. I then discovered all the other great titles for it as well (Panzer Dragoon mainly. I had already known about NiGHTS due to Sega's advertising it over and over).

Sega Saturn = :bow :bow :bow

That was all for you Gallstaff ;) :p

BTW, I bought my Saturn on August 19, 2000. Still got the reciept :p :D :cool: :cheers

I bought it when it included the 3 games (virtual cop, virtual fighter 2, and datona usa). And being the sega genesis fan i was, i bought it. I didn't even really know about playstation anyways.

Heh, I played Bug! on a demo machine in late '95 in a Toys r Us while on holiday in Adelaide. Didn't make me buy a Saturn though. ;)

I bought my first Saturn only a few years ago after trying Daytona USA in a very early build of SSF.

Then and there I decided that I needed the real thing. :banana

The users on this forum sold me on the Saturn :lol: If it wasn't for this forum I would never have played any of the great games on this wonderful system. I bought my Saturn sometime last year, mainly because I wanted to find out for myself what all the commotion was about. And how glad I am that I did! Even though the games I got with my Saturn when I bought it weren't the best games for the system, I was still hooked. Sega's magic was at work :smokin: and I couldn't help but to expand my collection in search for other great games for this system.

I lost all interest in consoles after the Sega CD until about a year ago when I got a 32X and a Dreamcast. So sadly I do not have a Saturn. I still might get one, not so much for the games (though Nights does look cool) but more for development.

I bought my first Saturn to play Street Fighter Alpha 2. I didn't know of the differences between the PlayStation and Saturn versions back then. I sure made a wise decision. :)

Yeah, I initially bought my Saturn out of dev interest but later it turned out there are a lot of good games for it and somehow I really love collecting Saturn stuff!Moreover programming the Saturn turned out to be a bit harder than the PSX :p

I was very young when I bought the very expensive :bow japanese SEGA Saturn. My parents did not know it :blush: .

Me and a friend played Panzer Dragoon and looking the CGI we asked each other "Will this ever be possible in real time?".

I became Daytona then. I played so much and now I am Daytona.

Nine years back in time, I was fascinated by the superior design of the Saturn. Now I'm fascinated by it's extreme distributed architecture. And I still can not explain or imagine how these millions of people could have bought something grey and bad-looking like the Playstation over the Saturn.

It's the mass of cool Hardware SEGA made. This separates them from all other console manufacturers.

I saw a review of Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge in Sega Power and immediately wanted one. I had seen pictures of 3D games and hadn't been impressed, but this game showed how far ahead of my Mega Drive the Saturn's 2D power was.

After saving up for a while and got a Saturn which also came bundled with Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Rally. Needless to say my scepticism for polygon graphics was thrown out the window after that.

I eventually got Night Warriors a few months later.

Virtua Fighter and Daytona, and knowing Virtua Cop was coming to it was my reason for buying mine. Compared to the PSone that didn't have any good games at all at that time.

I think i just bought it because it was the next Sega machine and i loved all things sega back from the Master System i suppose. Got it on launch and loved every moment of gaming with it ever since.

So i suppose old sega stuff sold me the console well before it was out.

I bought my first Saturn to play Street Fighter Alpha 2. I didn't know of the differences between the PlayStation and Saturn versions back then. I sure made a wise decision. :)

After years of playing the SNES version, I decided to get the system where the best version could be played. Then I bought a SS.

SFZ2 is one of the best games ever !

I got my saturn in 96, after they dropped the initial price of (and don't quote me on this one) I beleive somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 or 400 dollars, I got it when it dropped to 2 change, I think, and I bought it simply because it was a sega system, I had gone from the genesis to the snes, unfortunately I skipped the sega cd, and 32x (couldn't afford em back then :( ) But I got em all now.. wooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo..lol. The saturn is an awesome system, and if you don't have one, I urge you to go and pick one up, you'll be glad you did.

:cheers

I was a genesis nut for a few years, then I saw the saturn commercials. I knew instantly that I must get me one of those. I went out and bought it on the release date and still own it to this day. Man that consle can take a beating. Mine's been through hell.

I thought about selling it at one point and buying a PSX, but I got a chance to get SFA and SFA2 for dirt cheap, then I was so amazed by the flawless port that I couldn't let it go.

it was $30 at funcoland in like 1999. i got it with daytona usa, virtua fighter 2, and virtua cop (i picked them individually, i didn't get the 3 in 1 deal) for a dollar each. i put it away for around 3 years, then when i got back into gaming, i pulled it out, downloaded some games, and was completely blown away by what i had been missing. what a fantastic system.

No one regrets getting one, do they? I never really regretted it, but all the neat games that came out later for the system really bolstered my opinion of the system.

I bought it downtown in the toy district used in the summer of 1997. I must say, I only got it over the playstation because it was 20 dollars cheaper and came with 2 games. It was the most uneducated purchase i ever made.

I was pretty much sold on the optimism of seeing a true sequel to phantasy star, and getting a chance to play Shining Force III.

It worked out well, I suppose.

Back