What's your worst experience with a game system or game?

yeah sega channel was the shit... nintendo had the nintendo satelite which was basically the same thing only it wsa in japan for the SNES. Sega channel was awsome though. too bad it was thought up when the genesis was dying.

just makes me think about how quickly we toss away a good thing even though its not top of the line. :( but over in the uk they kept the sms going till 98 din't they?

Worst console experience?

How about when I was playing Super Metroid on my SNES (one of my all time favorite games). There I was, fighting the evil Motherbrain for the firts time, totally getting into it. My dog, for some unknown reason, decides to run behind the TV, where his leg loosened the "wall wart" plug, thus giving me a nice screen of noise ;)

How about when I loaned out my original copy of Snatcher for Sega CD and am still waiting to get it back (yes, I'm bitter on that one).

Or when my house got damaged by a tornado while I was away at a party for the weekend. I found my Model 1 Genesis smashed up pretty bad. Even after I pulled the glass chunks out (yep!), it was long dead.

I hate to say it, but my absolute worst experience was buying the 32X only to have Sega totally stop supporting it. Yeah, I was geeked about the Saturn, but that move just did not sit well with me at all.

gamefoo... 98 sounds like a stretch considering that the dreamcast was already out by then in japan. I don't think so...

If the SMS was supported till 98 then i didnt know about it. I think the genny was though, you could still get a megadrive 2 brand new about that time from the back pages of catalogue shops

Here in the UK (and the rest of Europe, I would imagine) the SMS lasted until early '95 or so. It certainly didn't keep going until '98 - even the Mega Drive barely lasted that long.

In South America, though, it was kept going for several more years. In fact, I think it's still possible to buy a brand new SMS off the shelf in Brazil.

What you have to remember is that in many parts of the world, the SMS was a lot more successful than the NES, and therefore lasted far longer than it did in traditional Nintendo strongholds like the US and Japan.

Mike

Oh dear... my ultimate worst experience other than with saves that all of a sudden aren't saved anymore(Shining Force 2, Final Fantasy) is with the long ass super mario bros 3 for the NES that doesn't have a save option in the first place. I was playing it from begining to end, every single stage, trying to pull the turn the hammer brother into ship tricks in every stage, EVERYTHING, and I had made it to World 8 the 1st panel, past the airships, tank thingys, handtraps, and I was trying to fly up in the first panel stage, and then, when I hear the first little tone you hear when your "p" is up to the max, the freakin Nintendo decides to do that freakin' thing where, it plays and resets, plays and resets, plays and resets. I did what fabrizo did, and decided to give my NES a beating.

I beleive of all the stress I had when I was a kid, most of it was cause by that stupid freakin' nintendo.

And of the joy, half of it was because of that cooperative nintendo.

yeah.... why did the nintendo do that anyway? bugs the #### outta me when i'm tryin' to fire up kirby and i get the flickering screen. But serously, what piece of hardware or programming causes that to heppen?

But serously, what piece of hardware or programming causes that to heppen?

I'm not completely sure, but it could be the lockout chip. It's designed to reset the system if the presence of a "key" chip is not detected at all times. In terms of the root cause of the problem... I've heard that there was some kind of lacquer on the cartridge PCBs (solder mask, maybe) that had a tendency to flake off after a while, but I suspect that the loading mechanism had more to do with it than anything else. That thing is awful. The first time I had a good look at my NES, the thought that struck me was not "Well, I guess that's why it screws up so much.", it was "I must be looking at this at a bad angle; that thing can't possibly work at all." :biggrin:

I got a game gear right away and try to make a homemade master gear converter (because an official/unofficial one didnt come out for a year or two ). I took off the game chip off of colums and made my contacts for a sms cartridge hrness , I plugged in wonder boy some him came out and puff , the damned thing just about started on fire . $80 to sega for a new one .

My aunt and uncle bought me a genesis for my birthday right when it came out in 88 or somthing , had 8 games for it , ghostbusters , forgotten worlds , last battle ect ghouls and ghost and golden axe coming soon . I spilled a can of coke inside it , it worked for about five year afterwards , then one day the on off switch got permantley stuck , think it broke off . It sucked because it was a model one sega and I was playing mega cd games on it (i got for like $500 because I thought itd be compatible and wanted to get the cd system a year or two before it case out ) anyways I couldnt find anymore models one so I could only play my sega cd and games after that , have to trash it (mega cd player) Was near the end of funky winkerbeen horror band , never had the urg to play a japanese text game again after that . I speak english only .

I got one for EVERYONE!

Playing Rpgs....ever have your system "freeze" while playing and you havent saved for AGES? I HATE that!!!! Usually it ends up with me not playing that game for a long time.

Bye Bye all work........I can top that one for PSX...

My Mega Massive mem card (25 pages) when having it in my PS1 something errored, the LCD looked odd. I took out put back in, changed page....anyways lets say I somehow lost Page 1 (My main rpg page, Lunar, Lunar 2) I was IN lunar 2 all the way by neo vane (this is when Lunar 2 came out) and BOOM thats gone! (ARGGGGGG) anyways wasnt first time I lost page one. I lost it again....this time I need to play L1 again just for the end of game save =( like BAH

Quote: from Fuckstuff on 8:38 pm on Mar. 23, 2002

I like my PS2! Anyways, my worst was when I was about 7 and I couldn't beat the last guy on a WWF Gameboy game, so I headbutted it really hard and smashed all the screen. I had a bad temper as a child..

I done the exact same thing! ('cep it was with KI)

Quote: from Funkstar De Luxe on 1:39 pm on Mar. 27, 2002

Quote: from Fuckstuff on 8:38 pm on Mar. 23, 2002

I like my PS2! Anyways, my worst was when I was about 7 and I couldn't beat the last guy on a WWF Gameboy game, so I headbutted it really hard and smashed all the screen. I had a bad temper as a child..

I done the exact same thing! ('cep it was with KI)

Lol. Reminds me of when I first got my NES. Bought it the first month it came out, suddenly I became "popular".

One kid got mad after dying in the game, then threw the controller at the monitor. I told him if he did that again, I'd do the same thing with him *lol*

Back