where to buy DREAMCASt lens? & psx 1

hello guys!!

I know that this Sega board has been helpful to me:)

so i was wondering if you guys know where to get

sega dreamcast Lens unit

& psx 1 lens unit

too

(i have the first usa model of sega dc)

it's starting to skip a bit

after all the use

4 hrs a day since 99....

hehe

& for the psx1 i have the first model too the 1995 one.

scph 1000 i think.

is it expensive still?

tell me

thanks for your help!!!

For the DC Id recomend trying to clean the lense first, same for the PSX. If that fails then it would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy another used system.

So far as I can tell a replacement parts are hard to find and you may need to import them so youd pay a large amount in shipping costs. You can get a a used PSOne system on ebay for about 30 shipped if you catch a good deal, and the older PS1s for even less. DC's can be had for $20 bucks at EB games. You get the system, controller and hookups. Not bad considering what you would probably pay for the new parts and the time and labor you would need to put into installing them.

Of course on the other hand assuming you installed the new lasers correctly and depending on the use and care of the preplayed systems if you install replacement parts that may afford you a longer time without trouble. (IE you buy a used DC and 5 months later its has the same trouble as the one you have now whereas the new laser lens should last years.)

yeah thats why (changing a lens is easy''normally it's just set it up & Wouhala! it's done no special skills needed

& it should play as new

it's pre set in the box i think

it's set a dfault like the factory

so you just sit it there

but i really would like to buy other consoles.... but it's 10x the shipping cost of the little lens part

& + like you said 4 months after the same problem can occur

Back