Why dont you post? - ... just seems odd...

So, why is it? I know a fair number of you check the boards a couple of times a day, but yet seldom reply to posts are start your own threads...

Why is it? (at least this forum should get a few replies)

Quote: from Karny on 5:34 am on Jan. 23, 2003
So, why is it? I know a fair number of you check the boards a couple of times a day, but yet seldom reply to posts are start your own threads...

Why is it? (at least this forum should get a few replies)

Cuz we're all waiting for VGR ;)

I haven't been in the post farming mood lately.

I'll snap out of it eventually... :)

(Edited by cww80 at 10:55 am on Jan. 23, 2003)

Yeah, im not really in a post happy mood. And I'm usually not. I usually only reply to posts that I really have something to contribute to. I'm not a big fan of pointless and short posts, so I try to avoid making them myself. And as for starting topics, I usually just dont think about it.

I have doubts about the stability of the board, a thread of mine one day decided to walk off on its own, I posted some threads over the holiday which I got very few replies to, and on other boards I usually reply to threads and don't start my own.

Mostly it has to do with the 1st and 3rd reasons I have given.

As an admin to the site, I probably shouldn't be saying this but, well, ive almost totaly given up on this site. I have very high hopes for Tendoweb when it becomes available to everyone, but the site in its current state (as nx) feels totaly dead, almost like it hasn't changed at all sense I first came here about a year ago.

And in response to SkankinMonkeys "Cuz we're all waiting for VGR", based on how active VGRs boards are, I highly doubt that is the case for anyone. Not to discredit VGR, as last I saw it was turning out to be a fine site, but unlike this one and TendoWeb, it isn't based on Nintendo.

Most of the time, i don't have anything relevant to say. I'm also a little spoiled by SegaXtreme where I expect relpies within an hour. But I'm getting back into the NES, so expect me to post alot in it's forum. BTW when is TendoWeb coming about?

Quote: from Nadius of Rome on 7:17 am on Jan. 24, 2003
BTW when is TendoWeb coming about?

Glad you asked that. Here's the long and the short of it.

The design, whilst basically complete needs a lot of tweaking in order to become completely usable for the new site.

From a content management (backend) point of view I've been configuring and customising Coranto (as seen on SX) for the last week or so. Don't worry, when I'm finished with it the site will behave a lot like other popular news sites, rather than the way we inherited from SX. There is still a lot of work to be done on the backend and it's only going to be ready once the whole system is safely up and running to my liking and all the staff are fully up to speed on the new functionality.

Why is it taking so long? Well, I'm partially to blame for that. My plans for TW.com are big, I really want it to be a success, but it's going to need a great foundation to build upon. I also don't have enough time to dedicate to planning and configuring Coranto to make my ideas come to fruition. I have to balance work on this site and TW.com with my real job and whilst its relatively easy to take 5 minutes here and there to post news or reply to message board questions, I need to work on the backend for hours at a time, not minutes.

The designer is also in the same situation, he has a lot of work at the moment and as his manager it would be foolish for me to demand his time for a "pet-project" of mine.

Thanks for hanging in there and try to support NX, anything that we do on NX today, will be on TW.com tomorrow!

It's just a vicious circle at the moment with too few users.. You don't post because there's not much to reply to and you don't tend to get many replies (if any) when you start new topics. I feel like I'm spamming if I post more than once a day because it's so quiet :).

Quote: from Fabrizo on 12:02 am on Jan. 24, 2003
As an admin to the site, I probably shouldn't be saying this but, well, ive almost totaly given up on this site. I have very high hopes for Tendoweb when it becomes available to everyone, but the site in its current state (as nx) feels totaly dead, almost like it hasn't changed at all sense I first came here about a year ago.

And in response to SkankinMonkeys "Cuz we're all waiting for VGR", based on how active VGRs boards are, I highly doubt that is the case for anyone. Not to discredit VGR, as last I saw it was turning out to be a fine site, but unlike this one and TendoWeb, it isn't based on Nintendo.

shh....it's alive

http://vgrebirth.org

I just play Animal Crossing too much these days.
Maybe if my character gets a pc and internet access, I may post more :p

Quote: from Omar on 5:01 pm on Feb. 9, 2003
I just play Animal Crossing too much these days.
Maybe if my character gets a pc and internet access, I may post more :p

It appears as if I've been banned from SX, I'll be here and at VGR.

Btw, for all those that are wondering, I didn't touch SX's boards :p

Thats okay... post here more often ;)

The more often we "regs" both her... the more attractive it'll seem to n00bs. If we all sit back and think that nobody ever posts... nobody ever will!

It's up to us to make it rock!

Oh no, looks like <span style='color:#FF8080'>Karny</span>

However, in post composition mode, I do see Karny's name in the post below (or shall I say above?). This is weird.
confused.gif

(Edited by MasterAkumaMatata at 5:02 am on Feb. 11, 2003)

Gratuitously increasing my post count for the sake of keeping the site alive. :)

Incidentally, the reason why I don't post here much is a complete absence of a nintendo system in my collection. Never had one. I'd like to pick up a Virtual Boy at some stage though...

Back