World Series Baseball II

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
This was a very good baseball game for the Saturn with audio commentaries during gameplay. I especially loved to play Home Run Derby and hit the ball 500+ feet (just make sure you get a stadium with strong wind blowing upwards and not downwards). :lol:

Who here likes baseball? :)

I am not a big baseball fan, and dont play many of the games. Is this one one of the best out there? Better than Tommy Lasorda? haha. I might have to check it out...

I'm a baseball fan, and I have WSB for both the DC and Genesis, but not the Saturn version.. seems kind of superfluous at this point. Still, I hear it plays excellently. I've been thinking about getting the newest EA game for the cube as well. Still, Baseball Stars 2 will always be the king of baseball video games.

I used to like playing baseball, but I just can't get into sports games on consoles. *shrug*

I agree, give me real sports any day. Other than that, i remember getting a demo of the first game when i bought my saturn. All you could do though was batting practice though :(

man I have all of the baseball titles for the sat... and wsb 2 is my personal fav... don't get me wrong the inovation of fully polygonal players in wsb 98 was nice... but I loved wsb and loved wsb 2 soooo much more... great great games imo.

Originally posted by Berty@Apr 22, 2004 @ 07:28 AM

I agree, give me real sports any day. Other than that, i remember getting a demo of the first game when i bought my saturn. All you could do though was batting practice though :(

Batting practice? Don't you mean Home Run Derby? I played that demo disc as well. Home Run Derby was my favorite mode. :)

That demo pursuaded me into buying the original for me Sat. I think I go play some Triple Play 96 right now! Best 16-bit baseball game EVER!

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 23, 2004 @ 08:48 AM

Never played any Saturn baseball games but Tommy LaSorda baseball was my favorite baseball game.

Tommy Lasorda fucking OWNS! I love that game!

Back