Worst forum idiocy?

For me it's "other"; people who put animated .gif avatars and sigs of over 380KB specially the ones who are almost full movies I've seen 4MB avatars on some forums, completely retarded... Other is 1337 and OMG!!!1 LOLZ

The phrase 'Best. Blabalaba. Ever.' Another one would be the whole '<3' thing.. can someone explain that to me? I have followed 'leet speak for years- I started a parody warez group back in 1994, releasing titles like 'Weezer Joust' and the like, and also used to be an avid reader of K-RaD magazine (a term that has sadly fallen out of favor), but I still have no idea what that <3 crap is supposed to mean.

Starting a thread, and when someone says something you don't like, begging moderators to close it.

The phrase 'Best. Blabalaba. Ever.'
That's a mutation of a Simpsons reference ("Worst. Episode. Ever."), which oddly was itself a reference to fans whining on the Internet. I'm sure plenty of people who do recognize it still find it annoying. Heh.

that <3 crap
That one took me a while. It's a sideways heart.

People obsessing over post count

And here I was starting to like you guys again.

I once again, hate you all.

(Yeah, I know I'm setting myself up for more crap by saying that in this thread.)

I had to go with layout breaking sigs.... like you it290 [edit- i forgot the '290] I'm still on 240X180 running a 2mhz mouse wheel with a plate of magnesium from 1384 in the middle of the f'ing dark ages... you bastard

for that matter the word "flabbergast" breaks the lay out at my resolution...

Eh? Is my sig that wide? I have them turned off so I dont notice it. The image is 600 pixels wide, which fits nicely into the window I usually use and I'm only running at 1280x1024. Still, I'll scale it down if its bugging people.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Wed, 2005-11-30 @ 07:00 AM

I was trying to keep my mouth shut...

[post=142111]Quoted post[/post]​

sometimes being subtle just isn't worth it, especially when some people wouldn't get it ;)

nah... he got it. Rolf has come quite a ways since he was Cloud. He isn't getting as upset anymore.

He's not that bad of a guy you know... but that doesn't mean you have to be friends with him or nothing. Actually I think Rolf wouldn't want to be friends with you either too.

I just like the giggles I get! This community is one of the biggest barrels of fun I've been to on the internet.

Good people here... good people.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Wed, 2005-11-30 @ 09:45 AM

nah... he got it. Rolf has come quite a ways since he was Cloud. He isn't getting as upset anymore.

He's not that bad of a guy you know... but that doesn't mean you have to be friends with him or nothing. Actually I think Rolf would want to be friends with you either too.

I just like the giggles I get! This community is one of the biggest barrels of fun I've been to on the internet.

Good people here... good people.

[post=142115]Quoted post[/post]​

have you ever used spermicidal condoms? i find they are rather irritating

First... I realize I said 'would' when I meant 'wouldn't'

Second... Yes I do find them rather irritating at times

third... what you could mean well... it amazes me to far lengths the things you have to say at times.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Wed, 2005-11-30 @ 10:02 AM

First... I realize I said 'would' when I meant 'wouldn't'

Second... Yes I do find them rather irritating at times

third... what you could mean well... it amazes me to far lengths the things you have to say at times.

[post=142118]Quoted post[/post]​

apparently several places are starting to stop selling spermicidal condoms because there isn't enough 'spermicide' to actually be effective and it causes irritation among a large percentage of its users

Back