Worst game(s) for the Snes - what is it?

Wolfchild!

It is absolutely horrible! It's one of my most prized games in my collection due to it being as aweful as it is.

When I have a chance, I'll transcribe the back of the box just to give you some idea how terrible it really is.

Wolfenstein 3D. Worst port of any game to any system EVER. They took out everything that made the game great. Instead of fighting your way out of a Nazi prison camp during WWII, you're fighting your way out of some terrorist group's prison camp about 30 years in the future. All the realizm that the game had (for its time) was lost in that translation. Thank gods the 3DO version didn't get censored like that.

I didn't even know there was a port of Wolf3D to 3DO. The best port I've played is the Jaguar one, which was great once I got used to using that bulky controller...

Those controlers were...strange, to say the least. I mean, how many buttons were on one? Like 100? Also, as far as that being the worst port ever, I think it has a match: Doom, for segas 32x. The sound is so bad, it could make your ears bleed.

Drakkhen has got to be by far the worst SNES game I've ever played...

Heh, I bought Drakkhen. I thought it sucked at first too, mainly because the game was impossible. But when I got a Game Genie and put in an invincible code so I was able to actually progress in the game, it got a lot better and wasn't that bad.

CrowTRobo

Quote: from Fabrizo on 7:07 pm on Nov. 3, 2001
...Doom, for segas 32x...

hmm...interesting. Doom32x was one of the better ports of teh game. Plus, it was one of the few games that utilized the damn 6-button controller. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the horrible SNES port. It's almost as good as the Jaguar port of Doom, which was the BEST port of doom, until the "next-gen" systems.

anyway, wolfenstein for snes wasnt THAT bad. it was...playable...better than what i expected.. although interplay censored so much of id team's hard work.

the worst game for SNES... i woudl have to go with Dragon's Lair, which didnt resemble anything like the arcade goodness.

I've only ever seen screen shots and a review for Dragon's Lair on SNES, it looks like a platformer with some really large sprites... probably the biggest I've seen on a SNES.

The review said it wasn't bad and definately more playable than the arcade.

Eek! the cat was a pretty bad snes game... but I think Wolfchild still has the edge.... Final Fight was also shit on SNES.

dragon lair, you have to play it to believe it
also, final fight wasnt THAT bad. it was a pretty faithful port...except capcom decided to leave guy out...but it spawned some really nice direct-to-SNES-sequels.

It was horrible... some much slow done, no guy and no 2 player mode... wtf?!?

The sequels were pretty good tho :)

It really doesn't have 2-player mode? I seem to remember playing it 2-player... anyway, wasn't there also a level missing (the elevator level with Rotlento)?

What's really sad is that when they finally went to the trouble to make a version with Guy (Final Fight Guy), they LEFT OUT CODY to do it! What the hell is wrong with them?

well, at least all the sequels (except for that crap-ass fighting Final Fight for saturn) were exclusively for SNES. and they were GOOD sequels. also, SNES has no loading time like the Sega CD version, which is a more faithful port of the arcade version.

It's not often that I prefer the Genesis/SegaCD version of games, but Final Fight CD owned the SNES version.

It's sad really as the SNES could have easily handled an arcade perfect port. I understand the original sucking somewhat as it was a early game and the developers still needed to get to grips with the hardware, but I agree with Ex about Final Fight Guy - How the hell could they fuck up the game twice in a row?

final fantasy mystic quest was pretty bad. does that count?
also, many view secret of evermore as a bad game (because they see it as a sequel to secret of mana), although i enjoyed it (and it was so hyped on Nintendo Power's Epic Center column)
bandai made some pretty bad games (although not as bad as some unmentionably bad psx games)
those movie-themed games were pretty bad, except i have guilty pleasure for some of the disney interactive games. uh, didnt someone make game for home alone? or was that NES...cant remmber. that old addams family side scroller was pretty bad too (i really liked it when i first played it in arcade somewhre, along with SMW).
also, if i remember correctly, sunsoft made some craptastic games although most were on the borderline of being mediocre and bad.
i didnt like taito's hagane
tecmo's secret of stars was pretty bad
uh what else
i never particularly liked soulblazer
street fighter alpha 2 wasnt a very good port
capcom stripped super buster brothers down to 1pl only
hey i think i can go on forever ^_^
rocketeer was kind of lacking (althouhg i'll let it pass because it was such an early title)
the games that came with miracle keyboard were really lacking (my 6th grade class had one). in fact all the pseudo-educational titles (i.e. mario's missing!) by software toolworks were pretty bad.
imagineers did a really sloppy port of sim city 2000 (as opposed to sim city with unforgettable mario statue)
x-band sucked...that wasnt a game tho

oh and last but not least, castlevania x. not so much because it was a bad game (it was one of the best games for SNES, with multiple paths and all), but it was just so...lacking. i remember reading on egm or something where they said konami was PORTING <- (bold letters) the TG16 rondo of blood for SNES, not stripping it down as much as they can, while leaving in one of the playable characters. well, it had a pretty decent soundtrack tho.
ok rest assure. i thinkk im done bitching about bad games now ;_)

Back