WTB: Genesis 1

I'm looking for an early model Genesis 1 without the obligatory copyright screen that comes before games load ("produced by or under license from Sega Enterprises").

But my request is not that simple. I also want a video mod. Can anyone do this? Or recommend someone who can do this? I want the best possible pic quality. I've seen S-video mods. Are they worth it or should I just go thru the RGB DIN port with a composite cable?

I have a couple of these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...kw=a/v+switch&kw=a/v+switch&parentPage=search

It's a 5-to-2 auto-sensing A/V switch that automatically upconverts composite RCA video to S-Video.

Now, I know that technically, this won't be as good as a direct S-Video mod, because it converted the Y/C to composite and then back to Y/C. But the unit is powered and must have some decent amplifiers in it, because the picture from the up-converted S-Video output of the switch actually looks brighter and sharper than the direct composite connection.

So anyway, just wanted to show another option to doing an s-video mod that can bring a minor improvement to the video quality from composite output.

Thanks Jedi. I was just thinking. There are Component to VGA adaptors (TV add-ons). I was thinking that this might give me a better picture by hooking my Gen to a VGA monitor. What do you think?

I think that low-resolution video games generally look crappy on VGA monitors, due to the strong pixilation and progressive scan. The inherent bluring and interlacing of the CRT just creates the better image (when viewed from afar) for these lower resolution/lower frame-rate games.

Back