WTF happened, the sequel?!?

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Okay, so what happened this time?

I found a backup two months newer, thats what. Figured it was worth it.

All users should also be present from up to around June 21st, with their data at the time -- you should be able to login without issue, or use the password reset, or use the contact form if all else fails.

Site got hacked, someone took over dibz account and then deleted EVERYTHING. The real dibz wasnt informed in time and we lost a bunch of posts. The backups he had were also affected. The only backup he thought he had was from Dec. But he now found one from Feb and updated it to that. Thus brings us to the now.

Amon said:
Site got hacked, someone took over dibz account and then deleted EVERYTHING. The real dibz wasnt informed in time and we lost a bunch of posts. The backups he had were also affected. The only backup he thought he had was from Dec. But he now found one from Feb and updated it to that. Thus brings us to the now.

I'd like to clarify the backups -- we can restore up to two days back at any time, but I didn't find out about the issue until at least day three. Just one of those things.

The old Galleries are back!

Sort of.

Kind of.

Well, they're there anyway. You can find them in the menu at the top, and they have been converted to a vBulletin Album ala 3.7.x. The reason they're all in one album is time -- I just wrote an importer that added them all by their files. When I have time to manually add them to appropriate galleries (by hand), I will.

Ah, so that's why it said it was forbidden when I tried to come to the site a couple days ago?

Seriously, what the hell is everyone's obsession with hacking this board? I thought all the bad blood that had developed over the years had just washed away on it's own for the most part. Then again, rather than a former member, it could just be some punk trying to have some fun.

So I can assume that's why only the forums are around, and nothing else?

dibz said:
The old Galleries are back!

Sort of.

Kind of.

Well, they're there anyway. You can find them in the menu at the top, and they have been converted to a vBulletin Album ala 3.7.x. The reason they're all in one album is time -- I just wrote an importer that added them all by their files. When I have time to manually add them to appropriate galleries (by hand), I will.

If you are limited due to time contraints then I would be only too happy to help. I've got time so just let me know.

Are there still known security breaches left ?

Huge kudos to Dibz for the amount of work done to put everything back online (again). I hope this one will be the last ...

Runik said:

Huge kudos to Dibz for the amount of work done to put everything back online (again). I hope this one will be the last ...

Not currently, nope.

Sorry, not very talkative this morning -- didn't get much sleep.

Runik said:

Given the security record of PHP/SQL based forum software in general, you can almost take it for granted that more holes will be found... :(

Back