XBMC

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Can xbox media center or whatever it's called stream content from your PC to your xbox? Would be WAY cool fi it could....I run a couple yr old version of it and don't use it much so I dunno. Anyone know?

Yeah it can, I do it all the time. Watching anime from my computer on my tv rocks, as well as my music collection on my stereo etc.

Yep it recognizes all windows networks... it is weird when you try and get it to recognize a linux box running samba though; but then that just might be my dumbass.

Oh and when transferring the files from a Comp to the HDD in the xbox use a ftp tool still... I've had transfers fail halfway through doing it through Windows Network manager.

hmmm, will try to have ot get it to work. Will be nice to setup all my movies and stuff on my PC and stream it over....now only if it was wireless, haha. My XBOX is liek 2 feet from my PC so it's cool though.

*edit* damn! yer catchin up to me in posts dyldo!

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Fri, 2005-12-23 @ 04:44 AM

hmmm, will try to have ot get it to work. Will be nice to setup all my movies and stuff on my PC and stream it over....now only if it was wireless, haha. My XBOX is liek 2 feet from my PC so it's cool though.

*edit* damn! yer catchin up to me in posts dyldo!

[post=142751]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I am aren't I... I passed Dud a while ago, he should start posting more the lil' bugger.

If your having trouble getting XBMC to search your network and your using EvoX it may be the configuration.

Check the evox.ini file on the C partition and make sure the IP configuration is correct. Even if the Chip is setup correctly (i use xeniums and it has a network config) you still have to configure Evox.ini .

The trick to that is to just not use evox. I would use avalaunch or XBMC itself.

Avalaunch is ugly, but is a very good dashboard, and transfers files much much faster with qwix. Personally I started with evox, but its severly outdated and I switched to avalaunch.

EDIT: Or, a lot of people just use XBMC itself as a dashboard, if that floats your boat.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2005-12-24 @ 12:02 AM

Yeah I am aren't I... I passed Dud a while ago, he should start posting more the lil' bugger.

AFAIK he's gone for good. :/

Originally posted by mal@Sat, 2005-12-24 @ 08:21 AM

AFAIK he's gone for good. :/

[post=142777]Quoted post[/post]​

Sory for getting off topic... but

that bites, I see him on AIM a lot. Sucks to lose good contributors.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-12-25 @ 11:09 PM

Sory for getting off topic... but

that bites, I see him on AIM a lot. Sucks to lose good contributors.

[post=142811]Quoted post[/post]​

Hassle him to come visit.

Originally posted by mal@Sun, 2005-12-25 @ 07:29 AM

Hassle him to come visit.

[post=142813]Quoted post[/post]​

*suddenly an axe slices a hole in the door and a head peaks through*

Good evening everyone.

*friendly nods are exchanged*

*turgidgott/Dud sits down on the couch*

*two or three people look excited and one more pretends to be*

Back