XBOX vs GameCube

Aside from the Cost of XBOX LIVE in addition to the Phantasy Star Online Fee's,

Which do you think is better? Feel free to post why here.

I know for a fact that Xbox is a more powerful system, with dvd abd ethernet built in (even if you need a remote for the dvd to use it ). No mem cards needed either. But, from what i hear, hackers are amok in PSO.

I also know for a fact that even with the BB Adapter, the GC is still cheaper, and probably less hackers.

Let me know :huh

the gamecube lags up in multiplayer? Im guessing its the video, like slowing down when there is too much junk on the screen?

ya PSO on GCN lags up a bit in 4-player split screen when lots of stuff is goin on. The GCN game does have less hackers from what I hear (haven't been online w/ it). I hear the XBox one is just rampant w/ em. My vote is get the GCN one.

I'm gonna cancel my xbox pso this month... I've had it for like 2 or 3 months... and I've been on once... and there was no one else on.

whoa.. Xbox servers are empty?

I remember on dreamcast it was flooded constantly, save a short 2 hour break between 4 and 6 am lol

I own the Xbox version and have played it online for more than 150 hours. I vote Gamecube. Xbox has hackers all over the damn place. The only way cooler thing on the xbox version is the headset. Aside from that, everything else except multiplayer is better on GC. And i have never even played the GC version.

Gamecube, although I haven't played the Xbox version, I haven't heard too many good things about it. Maybe Shitface can clarify, but I've heard with the headset thing, people blare music in the lobbies, which would be even more annoying than spamming IMHO.

Also, don't forget PSO ep3 will be GC exclusive.

Only in the forrest? It sounds like the GC Version is the way to go. Oddly, with all the comments geared towards GC, the poll is at 3 for GC and 3 for Xbox. But havent heard anything posative about the Xbox yet, aside from the no slowdowns in forrest. But the forrest was just the first couple levels if i recall the DC Version correctly.

Im not too worried about PSO 3 yet. I just want to try out v2 and get back into the groove. Might even run into some old friends from the DC Version hehe

Damn i miss that game.

Quick question - What is the monthly fee for the GC PSO Servers? And is there a limit on # of characters for that fee?

2nd question- ive heard that some people will open a trade window, (hack?) and steal your inventory. Will this take equipped items and banked items also?

3rd question- i cant remember for the lfie of me what dropped spread needle..

4th question- Some info on the new player types in v2? I hear theres a femal android and hunter now?

Sorry for all the questions. I sound like a damn newb. lol.

<- *wishes he just kept his damn Dreamcast lol*

Btw Scared Rabbit, I used to use a pic of a lil white rabbit as my AV when I played Heavy Gear and was blowing everyone up :) hehe

was hunter-zero there though. Just wanted to comment on your sig. Awesome :)

Originally posted by hunter_xi@Feb 5, 2004 @ 11:21 AM

Only in the forrest? It sounds like the GC Version is the way to go. Oddly, with all the comments geared towards GC, the poll is at 3 for GC and 3 for Xbox. But havent heard anything posative about the Xbox yet, aside from the no slowdowns in forrest. But the forrest was just the first couple levels if i recall the DC Version correctly.

Im not too worried about PSO 3 yet. I just want to try out v2 and get back into the groove. Might even run into some old friends from the DC Version hehe

Damn i miss that game.

Quick question - What is the monthly fee for the GC PSO Servers? And is there a limit on # of characters for that fee?

2nd question- ive heard that some people will open a trade window, (hack?) and steal your inventory. Will this take equipped items and banked items also?

3rd question- i cant remember for the lfie of me what dropped spread needle..

4th question- Some info on the new player types in v2? I hear theres a femal android and hunter now?

Sorry for all the questions. I sound like a damn newb. lol.

<- *wishes he just kept his damn Dreamcast lol*

Btw Scared Rabbit, I used to use a pic of a lil white rabbit as my AV when I played Heavy Gear and was blowing everyone up :) hehe

was hunter-zero there though. Just wanted to comment on your sig. Awesome :)

Quick - ~$9 per month for a Hunter's License. If I'm not mistaken, you can use the same HL on as many of your own memory cards as you want, for four characters per card... but only one character online at a time from that License.

2 - Equipped and bank items are, like, protected. I haven't encountered that trade hack, nor have any of my friends.

3 - www.pso-world.com

4 - HUcaseal is one of the new classes, yes.

Basically the only benefit to using the Xbox version is the headset... and the biggest drawbacks are crazy hackers, sucky controller, and you have to be logged into Xbox Live to play the game IN SINGLE PLAYER too. i.e. your Xbox has to be connected to the 'net to do Single Mode. :eek:mg: Supposedly it's done to stop hacking, but gee, it sure doesn't help much. XD

xbox controller works fine for it, it's laid out like the dreamcast one was. With that said, I can't justify spending money on pso for a monthly fee, especially since none of my friends play anymore.

You can get the HK/Japanese version of PSO for your computer. That one lets you host your own servers and stuff for free, and you don't need serials for it.

Xbox

Pros:

-Voice Chat

-Patchable (the shop dupe trick can no longer be performed on Xbox due to a patch that all players were forced to dload)

-Less slowdown in 4 player multiplayer

-Corruption is extremely uncommon due to the use of a hard drive instead of a memory card

Cons:

-Very empty servers

-Regions separated (An American player cannot connect to the Euro or JP servers - this is probably the main reason for the emptiness of servers)

-No Episode 3 link up yet

-Less online content (No TTF!)

GC

Pros:

-High population

-All regions linked

-Better graphics in Episode 2 than Xbox (Water effects/s-berrill's cloaking effect)

-Episode 3 link-up

-PSO Plus is available (some online quests playable offline and the shop dupe glitch is fixed)

-PSO-Proxy is available for transferring screenshots to PC

-I am on it :p

Cons:

-Unable to patch (Any glitches found cannot be fixed)

-Higher chance of corruption

-Duping is much more prolific than on Xbox

-More hacked items (Due to the higher population on GC, the hackers target it more)

-A keyboard is essential for chatting online

They are both quite equal, but my vote goes with the Gamecube version as 2 members of my clan left the Xbox for GC and they were both DC veterans. I have also met many other old Xbox players who are now on Gamecube, but their opinions aren't as important to me :p

Originally posted by SheWren+Mar 1, 2004 @ 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SheWren @ Mar 1, 2004 @ 05:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Omar@Feb 27, 2004 @ 08:39 PM

-A keyboard is essential for chatting online

Not really: I know many players not having problems chatting with the on-screen one. [/b][/quote]

I played for a year without a keyboard and didn't have problems, but if I am comparing it to the xbox version, then if you want to communicate at a decent level, you need a keyboard to get anywhere near the xbox level of comunication.

PSO is after all a game made around the premise of playing with other people and chatting whilst you do it. You cannot have proper conversations with the on-screen keyboard unless you have a lot of time on your hands :damn:

If you are a player that goes into lobbies for long chats or simply would like to have proper conversations with your fellow adventurers, the keyboard is essential!

just wondering for dc there were lots of hackers dammmmmmmmm uu :rant well is there hackers or any bugs either on xbox or game cube

Originally posted by thailees@Mar 15, 2004 @ 04:01 AM

just wondering for dc there were lots of hackers dammmmmmmmm uu :rant well is there hackers or any bugs either on xbox or game cube

There are more hackers on the Xbox, thanks to the ludicrous ease of hacking the save data on the hard drive.

Both versions have hackers and cheaters, though... it's far better on the GC.

Back