Zelda Twilight Princess puns

Is it just me, or is it hard to use the abbreviation for Twilight Princess (TP)? I find it hard not to laugh at the way something sounds using that abbreviation. For example, I posted a post on the topic "Super Smash Bros. Melee Revisited" in the GC forums:

Speaking of, maybe they can have some new moves added to them as well. Say like Ganondorf can use that big energy attack he used in OoT, or for Link some of those cool moves he uses in Twilight Princess, or maybe the spider ball for Samus.

I decided not to use the abbreviation in that sentence because of how it would sound.

.......though it sounds a bit sexual the other way as well...........

(I think too much into things....)

Maybe we can call it Twi Pri or something, or at least I'm going to. So many Nintenuendos.

You know, I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, but it justs sounds too promiscuous to me. Agree?

Well, ever since Beavis and Butthead, TP means 'Toilet Paper'. I don't really care, since I don't abbreviate things unless it's truly neccessary. Plus, abbreviations only really are meaningful in a web-based context - you wouldn't say to your friend "I can't seem to find the next temple in 'ooot'", cause it sounds stupid.

...well, to me it does :p

I meant on the internet. Using abbreviations in real life doesn't have much of an impact, plus not everyone knows what the abbreviation is for and taking the time to explain everything also downgrades the pizzazz.

Well, put it this way - the more widely accepted that abbreviation gets, the less stupid it will sound.

The first thing that comes in mind for TP is technique points. I guess too much Tales of Symphonia for me xD

Where did the toilet paper comment come from? o.o

Back