About Arcade board

Down with hypik, the most hated game in the SX arcade :)

Here are some others to consider for removal:
  • Meowth Kart Race - takes absolutely no skill to score 666 or 1337 points
  • Desktop Fishing - boring game, even the champion fell asleep getting the top score
  • Pencak - fun fighting game, but the scoring system is too easily abused
  • Simon - good game but too easy to cheat

MasterAkumaMatata said:

No, I won't remove it, it's not the most hated game. It's just a game a bit stressing and that need a little luck or big training.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
  • Meowth Kart Race - takes absolutely no skill to score 666 or 1337 points
  • Desktop Fishing - boring game, even the champion fell asleep getting the top score

Sure these games are not that good, I thought Meowth Kart Race would be better.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
  • Simon - good game but too easy to cheat

Pencak looked good but there is no ending, I have also Pencak 2 but I found it not not better than Pencak..

I didn't know there was a way to cheat on Simon.

I agree with Akuma's list ...

And is there a way to disable the save state and chop down the number of lives in Raiden X ?

Akuma's list sounds reasonable. Also, what about tetris? The top scores in it are clearly from cheating, plus the version there doesn't level up right, or let you turn the pieces left or right, just right.

sandmanx said:
Akuma's list sounds reasonable. Also, what about tetris? The top scores in it are clearly from cheating, plus the version there doesn't level up right, or let you turn the pieces left or right, just right.

The top scores of Tetris are not from cheating :motz: I'm second and didn't cheat at all. For sure if I spend time to beat the current high score I will beat it but it was long enough to make te current one, the only thing to do is to make a LOT of 4 lines.

vbt said:
The top scores of Tetris are not from cheating :motz: I'm second and didn't cheat at all. For sure if I spend time to beat the current high score I will beat it but it was long enough to make te current one, the only thing to do is to make a LOT of 4 lines.

If you say so. A level 10 tetris is worth 12000 it looks like, so that would take quite a bunch of them, and the blocks fall pretty fast by then. I used to get up to level 18 of tetris on the gameboy version, but with only being able to rotate in one direction on this one, anything beyond level 12 is nearly impossible. I just don't see how scores much above 100,000 are possible without slowing the falling rate of the blocks. :confused:

sandmanx said:
If you say so. A level 10 tetris is worth 12000 it looks like, so that would take quite a bunch of them, and the blocks fall pretty fast by then.

Level 10 is a it high to start for first party, to start level 6-8 are quite good to take the habit of the speed.

sandmanx said:
I used to get up to level 18 of tetris on the gameboy version, but with only being able to rotate in one direction on this one, anything beyond level 12 is nearly impossible. I just don't see how scores much above 100,000 are possible without slowing the falling rate of the blocks. :confused:

On gameboy there are only 19 levels and after that the level number no more increase (the same for speed). Just make training with the code to activate the levels with the "heart" close to the level number, then start with the level number 9 and you'll find the game really slow. Then you'll do easily 100,000 you'll see the small rocket, you'll see another one at 150,000 then the biggest one at 200,000. There are no other rocket between 250,000 and 450,000. I didn't manage to go over 477,000 so I can't say if there is another rocket at 500,000 (was my target).

vbt said:
I didn't know there was a way to cheat on Simon.

• There is no time limit.
  • There is no one to police how the game is played (other than the player himself/herself of course :p)
  • The way to cheat is by writing down the colors and follow it until the user either accidentally or intentionally messes up. For details, please refer to the champion's comment. There is a very high probability that the champion intentionally ended the game at 51 just to get the high score.

MasterAkumaMatata said:

Oh, come on... hypik isn't a game. It's an art project with a counter.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
Meowth Kart Race - takes absolutely no skill to score 666 or 1337 points

Do what you will, I'm never playing it again (and there are a few others on that list).

MasterAkumaMatata said:
Desktop Fishing - boring game, even the champion fell asleep getting the top score

It's not boring -- it just took forever. At least the game itself only lasts a few minutes. Some of the games in the arcade are marathon runs.

On second thought, you're right. It is boring. I hadn't noticed until now.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
Pencak - fun fighting game, but the scoring system is too easily abused

It's trash. Dump it.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
Simon - good game but too easy to cheat

MasterAkumaMatata said:
There is no time limit.

Time limit? I don't remember.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
There is no one to police how the game is played (other than the player himself/herself of course :p)

Yeah but it seems that's true for every game. Except I seem to recall something about the Tetris police but I might have dreamt that.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
The way to cheat is by writing down the colors and follow it until the user either accidentally or intentionally messes up. For details, please refer to the champion's comment.

"YGBGYBYYRYRRBYBGBGYGRGGGBYRBGBBYRRGGYGGGYGYBYRRRBGG". You're right, typing it out really demystifies the whole memory concept. Wish I had thought of something clever to say.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
There is a very high probability that the champion intentionally ended the game at 51 just to get the high score.
High probability? Hell, I'll guarantee it!

vbt said:
Are there any games you would like to see added/removed?

Bubble Bobble is a buggy piece of crap!

MasterAkumaMatata said:

I can't even submit my score in this game. Everytime I hit submit it does nothing, and I've tried it 3 times now. Maybe there is a problem with Firefox and submitting this game?

Arcarde board updated. I've added the game Excite bike. I need some advices to add new games :)

sandmanx said:
Anyone else notice that the pinball game is rather buggy? My ball is going through the flipper all the time!

On occasion but not all the time. It's about as buggy as the Sonic game. But not as buggy as Bubble Bobble!

Back