Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
ALBERT ODYSSEY

LEGEND OF ELDEAN

In a world borne of enchantment, there is only one rule: Expect the Impossible. Pike is an orphan raised by harpies. His life in the harpy village has been one of peace and tranquility. However, with a slow, dreadful certainty, an insidious wave of evil is spilling over the land. The ancient truce that united man and beast, magician and harpy begins to unravel, and the land is overrun by war and unrest. Beasts savagely attack men, men attack harpies, dragons roam the skies, and terror grips all. Without warning, Pike is thrust to the fore of this conflict and must fund the source of the evil and return peace to the land in order to save the life of one he holds most dear. Assume the role of Pike as he travels the land, gaining colorful comrades, fighting terrifying battles in true-RPG menu-driven combat, and exploring danger-filled dungeons accompanied by eerily moving orchestral music. Gather your wits and set out at once, for the final confrontation that will decide the fate of Pike's world is rushing forth, and the dark evil bound since the days of Albert demands vengeance.

Oh my, harpies and magicians and dungeons and dragons and beasts and lions and bears and... :lol:

Attachments

• Albert_Odyssey_Front.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Front.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Albert_Odyssey_Back.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Back.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Albert_Odyssey_Disc.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Disc.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Albert_Odyssey_Front.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Front.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Albert_Odyssey_Back.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Back.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Albert_Odyssey_Disc.JPG
    Albert_Odyssey_Disc.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 203
I got stuck in this game on a boss that was supposed to be a giant but all you got to fight was a hand. It wasn't worth it to raise enough levels to kill him so I gave up. I didn't like the game all too much.

The load times were horrible.

But it was an Albert Odyssey game... I always wanted to play one and they were never brought here to America and then they brought this one... YEY. (This one I'm not sure why... why a Gaiden and not a legite... ::shrugs:: )

I got stuck at the stupid castle with the vampire for a while... but came back and decided to level up some and do it. Other then that this game had me hooked pretty good. But I'm into cheezy games and Working Designs style of tranlation (which seems to not be as well liked as I thought it was).

and aren't those my scans?

nope they aren't... mine are better.

I really liked this game.

The only time I got lost was at the last area because my TV's brightness was very low. I really could not see where I was going and play on another tv.

I really really liked all the audio in the game first time I knew power of a CD.

Did anyone else hear the battle music being played during some NBA games ?

I loved the intro with the old guy talking.

There are precious few games where, if you made everything else crappy, would still be able to stand on the strength of the writing alone. This is one of 'em.

Great game with a charm all it's own..graphics are perfect for what the game is, and the music is excellent (especially in places like Mycent and Solace).

"Pike! you ignorant slut!!"..heh, heh...classic

I just finished this again last month, but like always, I know I'll come back to it again someday ;)

I loved the intro with the old guy talking.
I thought that was pretty neat too...once you get past the cheese factor (c'mon you did it in Sonic R!)

I got stuck in this game on a boss that was supposed to be a giant but all you got to fight was a hand.
You think that's tough, the final area can literally take days to complete, yes...it's THAT tricky (and walkthroughs are for bitches!)

I expected a really good game and was quite disapointed. In fact I find the game not long enough. I've finished it in less than 3 days with no real difficulty. The best parts of the game are the music and the voice of the intro. The pictures art in the game ending could be done on a Mega CD and maybe the full game. Well I expected really more, I wanted to play it for some years and so I expected too much.

I played this game shortly after it came out, and liked it at first, but the battles got way too repetitive and boring. I guess you could say that about any game like this though.. Beyond the Beyond was one of those, but worse hehe..

Back