Am I shit

OK, so I've been playing Virtua Fighter 2 for a couple of weeks now and I'm still shit. I'm only good with one of the hardest characters (supposedly) to control, Shun, and I'm fucked if I can finish it on normal difficulty. Easy was.. easy, but I can't get further than Kage most of the time (got to Wolf once). So, is this normal for a VF virgin, or AM I SHIT?

well with VF2 you can easily beat the single player game by only doing basic throws (just watch out when the computer occasionally counters that!!), the only reason i dont like doing that is cuz its a MAJORLY cheap way to win! when trying to play seriously the game does get tougher

otherwise you should read up on move lists or stragedies on whatever characters you like playing to get the low down on how to use them, what moves are most effective etc etc etc, just be warned some of the in depth character stragedies run many many MANY pages long

Yeah, I can do it just using throws but like you say, it's not really a good way. Not much different to button bashing really. I'm off to practice practice practice

I've not bought the first yet. Most people seem to think Akira is the hardest to use, followed by Shun. I guess that means if I can get to be alright with him I'll be able to kick most asses I'll play. And with moves that are embarassing to get hit with too (the sitting cross legged one is a favorite)

kage and wolf are my specials. speed and brute strength. you gotta love em they are medium to hard to use though. and akira is simple to use all you need to know is how to run by the guy and elbow him in the back.

For me the best character is Pai. It´s quite dynamic. I love fooling the opponent with her special moves. (no jokes, please). I think the hardest character to play with is Akira.

PS Have you tried Dead Or Alive? It´s great.

Thanks.

Sarah is the my best VF character. Just whip out the PPP, Flip Kick combo, and they're down. Against Pai, it's all about timing and strategy. When she punched you three times, duck and block at the last second. You'll either duck her spinning kick, or block her low spinning kick. Follow up with either a flip combo, flip, or knee to the face.

Quote: from Cloud121 on 5:11 pm on Mar. 27, 2002

Sarah is the my best VF character. Just whip out the PPP, Flip Kick combo, and they're down. Against Pai, it's all about timing and strategy. When she punched you three times, duck and block at the last second. You'll either duck her spinning kick, or block her low spinning kick. Follow up with either a flip combo, flip, or knee to the face.

Thats good but if you play against someone that really knows akira(as he is a very powerfull character) he will wip your butt over the stage.Just counter Sarahs combo,and answer with a 4 hit combo of the most powerfull palm strikes and so on....and the half of the enemies energy flows away :)

Man...this makes people mad when they loose like that :)

When you fight akira in VF1 its not that hard...its all about timing...blocks...attacks..etc..button mashing most likely won't work..

Jeffry... it's all about Jeffry. Who can dispute the power of the backbreaker?

Someone who isn't stupid enough to get close to Jeffry while he is about to grab you,or just counter the grab(VF3&4 dunno bout the 2nd anymore),there is a solution to every problem in Virtua Fighter :)

Back