AOL 7.0 CDs

The fact is I don´t know anybody living in the U.S. and the only ppl from there I´m somewhat in contact is the ppl from this list. So if feel free to flame me if you think this post shouldn´t be here.

Let´s go to the facts, I work for a internet company here in Brazil and I need a aol 7.0 promotional cd. I have to fill this chart with info from all "rival" companies and check what would be added to our own promotional cd and stuff.

So if someone is willing to help please contact me.

p.s. First CD to hit my home wins a Sega master system bart vs space mutants cartridge. Brazilian version of course. ;)

flames goes down here, tks.

a pair will do the trick. Here in Brazil they have "special" editions like one for the lord of the rings and the "normal" edition which is inserted into magazines and stuff...

If you could find one of those "special" edition and one of the "normal" I´d be very glad!

Just be sure that they´re 7.0 =-)

I have a stack of about 45 different "versions" and "specials" that I've nuked in the microwave.

Two Harry Potters, a Leopard print, a zebra print, etc etc. Not sure how much good they would do you tho.

Hey Draconar I got a question for you...

How different are the Brazilian version of games from Tec Toy? I've been to thier webite and list Phantasy Star as part of its SMS library. Is it in English? Or has it been completely localized? Does that apply to all their games? Are their companies that export these titles to the US?

AOHELL SUX! I can't see why anyone would want it. It cost tons and gives shitty connections. I ahve it and hate it! My parents wouldn't have it anyother way though for some reason..... they think aol is god...... sad but true.

1. So, have you guys decided who´s going to send me the cds? =-)

2. Arakon, you wouldn´t believe, but almost the whole structure for new products/design is somewhat based on what AOL delivers to the US public. They want in some way to become a child safe, political correct isp in the vein of AOL.

3. Phantasy Star 1 is available here in portuguese language only. It was the first rpg released here and because ppl never heard of such thing as a RPG before Tec-toy decided to translate the whole game. It was a major hit here back in 91(?) and I can still remember the TV commercials aired here :)

(Edited by Draconar at 10:29 pm on Jan. 25, 2002)

to 3rdman:

95% of the games released here for the SMS are in english language fully compatible with any SMS released in the US (Dunno if there is any barrier in the SMS besides the obvious language one) the other 5% are programmed or re-programmed by tec-toy themselves.

Even though it is listed on tec-toy´s web site I haven´t seem any shop selling SMS games in ages... I can find some SMS games at used Videogames stores here, but I doubt they can send their stuff overseas. If I got any web-site for a trustful company I will post here.

Quote: from BJammzz on 6:50 pm on Jan. 25, 2002

AOHELL SUX! I can't see why anyone would want it. It cost tons and gives shitty connections. I ahve it and hate it! My parents wouldn't have it anyother way though for some reason..... they think aol is god...... sad but true.

You REALLY pay attention.

Draconar,

I appreciate the response! How about Saturn titles? Do they follow the same MO as the SMS titles? Because I would love to get my hands on PDZ and Burning Rangers without going bankrupt! Also, the website listed a title called "Sonic Xtreme"...I'm sure its not the Beta but I'd appreciate any info what it really is (Sonic R perhaps?). It's been bugging me...

Sonic: Please send a msg to draconar@terra.com.br . I will send address info from there. tks in advance for the help!

3rdman: The Saturn games released here are the very same cds released in the US. There´s even the inscription "printed and made in the USA". The only difference between their american counterparts is that the cd is inserted in a horrible cardboard box instead of the cool plastic case Saturn games where released in the US. And you lucky here. I can still find Saturn games all around here - payed +/- 20U$ for my skinwrapped copy of burning rangers. I´m in sortta of hurry right now, so later on I will post urls and emails address for the companies which sells it on the net.

"AOHELL SUX! I can't see why anyone would want it. It cost tons and gives shitty connections. I ahve it and hate it! My parents wouldn't have it anyother way though for some reason..... they think aol is god...... sad but true. "

lol, kinda like Microsoft.

Back