Arcade discoveries

calganagain

Ban Hammered
I would like to hear of enjoyable/ the best games that you found through arcade emulation of any type. I do hope they won't all be cps2 or snk games.

Originally posted by calganagain@April 19 2002,08:17

I would like to hear of enjoyable/ the best games that you found through arcade emulation of any type. I do hope they won't all be cps2 or snk games.

For me it's been mostly about discovering the Japanese-only releases, which can make for some pretty interesting games.

I had never played (much less seen) Power Drift in the arcades. I think it is mentioned as having some priority problems in Final Burn, but damn if it isn't fun to play.

Also, Strider 2 0wnz.
smile.gif

For me it is nice to be able to play BombJack in all it's arcade-perfect glory
heart.gif

The home versions just weren't the same. What a game!

Others of note:

Mr Do!

Rygar

Shinobi

Juno First

Space Chaser

Galaga

Mikie

Space Harrier

Out Run

After Burner II

King of Boxer

Road Blasters

Star Wars

Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom

Dragon Ninja

Ghouls n' Ghosts

Soccer Brawl

League Bowling

I could go on and on!

The Raizing/Cave/Atlus shooters, especially Dangun Feveron. It's mad, in a good way.

Originally posted by antime@April 20 2002,17:21

The Raizing/Cave/Atlus shooters, especially Dangun Feveron. It's mad, in a good way.

Oh yea, I remember the first time I played esp ra de on MAME
tongue.gif

My favorite ones that I'd never seen before have to be all the demented Japanese ones.. There's a paper/scissors/stone one on there where your opponents pull some hilarious faces and make some truly frightening noises. Can't remember what it's called now..

Also enjoyed playing Space Harrier for the first time since my Atari STE fell down the stairs.

I like punanie .... I mean konami , like x-men , simpsons , sunset riders , teenage mutant ninja turtles . I havent played them on my computer really but i think there pretty swell .

Oh yeah and sega makes all the best arcade games like shadow dancer , shinobi , goldenaxe star wars ect ect .

could go on for hours naming sega games

You said no snk or cacom so

Back