Broken dreamcast?

hm... well knowing that i know more about the systems then any one else here. the PS2 version 5 meaning R's and up dont make the noise that version 4 and down do. so that little quote is shoot to death. as far as the laser as eating shit. no it will out last a ps2 laser. I fix DC's for fun.

Originally posted by Smokeydabear@April 23 2002,03:04

hm... well knowing that i know more about the systems then any one else here. the PS2 version 5 meaning R's and up dont make the noise that version 4 and down do. so that little quote is shoot to death. as far as the laser as eating shit. no it will out last a ps2 laser. I fix DC's for fun.

Other than you know more about the systems than anyone else here, (which was an incomplete thought, but think I got it) and that you fix DC's for fun, I'm not exactly sure what you said.

well, 1: CD-R's suck unless the company declares the system dead and it has been a year where all systems sold(or like 1 every year is new) are used. 2:the dc wont break. 3: smokey, you know nothing. my ps2 used to make loud noises while playing games on its side standing. it stopped after i played it a lot more though.

Originally posted by Smokeydabear@April 24 2002,10:04

shame that while you know "more about the systems than anyone else here" that you cant post any kind of evidence to support this, or any sort of even half decent reasoning for your badly constructed post.

Listening to your Dreamcast laserunit transport motor is the way to go.

If you hear wang..wang. wa wa wang wang (the laserunit reading different parts of the disc) you might wanna not be playing that foor too long.

A good example is "Last Blade 2".

In this game every yel/slash-sound effect is loaded from the gd-rom.

This is really bad for the Laser unit. But before that you'll go crazy from the screeching lensunit noises. Gimme a break!

I wonder how long a Dreamcast would last if there was a championship to be held on a Dreamcast running that game for a couple of days.

And this goes for the illegal cdr backup copy.

But it must be the same with an original

Maybe the makers made a deal with Sega so to sell off their Dreamcast stock to people that break their Dreamcast playing this game? (just kiddin')
devil.gif

yeah thats bs, if it is reading an iso , that is like reading the game itself. Unless the developer designed it to wreck the dc, it wont

believe what you want, but ive been swapping discs (from way old school) and the "self-boots" in my DC for a while.. this has caused any disc to spin in an ellipitcal shape and half of the CD-R backups dont work...all originals do tho...the dreamcast is a great console..but it does wear out....it seems from my personal exp.

just my feelings on this

~~Qum

Originally posted by Fabrizo@April 18 2002,13:53

I know lots of people who own PS2's, some are loud, others are quiet. It seams like they get louder the more they are used

That's the sound of ghetto HK parts slowly breaking
tongue.gif
I can't wait for 3 years down the line when all the PS2 units start breaking like PSX SCPH-1001's.

the arguments about the PS2s either being loud or quiet sounds more like sony's crap CD drives not being balenced properly.

Hey i figre this thread still has validity for playing emulators and developments. Or backups of games you already own to stop the disc from being scratched to buggery over time. Whatya think?

Most emulation is warez. And that thing of "using for backup purposes" is used mainly as a lame excuse for warez; but is a valid point
tongue.gif

Emulation isin't warez. ROM image dump distribution is. It's not even legal to download it if you do own the game. Copyright law provides that you can make a copy for bakcup purposes YOURSELF. Not that you can go download a backup copy.

It's only legal if you own a console copier and dump your own carts to floppy, join the binaries on your PC, then play them in an emulator.

But if you already own the games and a copier, what the heck is the point of an emulator unless you like playing games with wretchedly inferior sound quality.

Your lame excuse for emulation is what I am reffering to. So, bug off, lamer.

Please someone close this thread (if cares ???) , it's pointless to keep this discussion going.

You're flat out ignorant. Writing code to do something that something else does is not illegal. If it were microsoft office would be illegal as there were word processors before it. It's only the distribution of copyright software which is illegal, in this case ROM or CD images of games (isin't this obvious?).

I seriously question whether or not you even comprehended my message. "bugger off j00 l4m4h" doesn't exactly suggest you did.

Originally posted by Gear@May 21 2002,23:32

Your lame excuse for emulation is what I am reffering to. So, bug off, lamer.

Please someone close this thread (if cares ???) , it's pointless to keep this discussion going.

Gear, do you know what you are talking about?

Emulation is not illegal, downloading ROMS is. There is no law saying I can't go out and make a piece of hardware (or software) that plays playstation games and sell it. Case in point? Bleem, Connectix.

Why hasn't Microsoft sued WINE (Wine Is Not An Emulator) if emulation is illegal?

Please educate yourself.
smile.gif

--- Edit

Oh yea, Dboy is hardly a 'lamer', he's done much more for than most people around here have, if you're not farmiliar with his works, check www.jumpstation.org

DBOY AR KNOWZ WUT HE DUZ: HEZ A TRANZLATUR

Originally posted by Gear+May 22 2002,00:04--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gear @ May 22 2002,00:04)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SkankinMonkey@May 21 2002,20:52

Please educate yourself.
smile.gif

I'm already an educated man
wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

Obviously not in legal issues
tongue.gif

Wait a minute, somewhere I read that what makes emulators illegal is the ability to remove any copy protection by the programmers. In fact, I think I read it in some sue by sony to connectix or bleem (???) .

I have to find an article to prove my point; but I just find articles "defending emulators" that aren't specific in the sue (any of them) details.

Originally posted by Gear@May 22 2002,00:16

Wait a minute, somewhere I read that what makes emulators illegal is the ability to remove any copy protection by the programmers. In fact, I think I read it in some sue by sony to connectix or bleem (???) .

I have to find an article to prove my point; but I just find articles "defending emulators" that aren't specific in the sue (any of them) details.

Sure, sony sued bleem and bought connectix, but they didn't win in the case against bleem. Emulators are generally developed using reverse engineering (as the other option would to be to break into sony's HQ and steal their tech docs or something similar), which is legal.

Sony did more than one sue, so I'm searching if they won something related to what am I reffering...

A question: Some reverse engineering must be done ripping the BIOS image, right? Is that illegal?

Back