Busted controller connector

I have a model 2 Sega Saturn, but, it's a weird one, the power supply unit isn't attachd to the top caseing, and the game pad connector is a seperate unit from the mainboard, from taking the system apart multiple times for various modifications (swap, 50 60, repairs) I have snapped the wire, it is now being held in place by a peice of metal, so only the first control pad works (it also, for some reason, stops my light gun from working in either port, but all the buttons in my saturn pad work). Help

Well, the obvious solution would be to resolder "the wire", but I can't quite envision which wire you mean. Is there any way you could provide some pictures?

Well, I'll break out my iCam and take a pic for you'se, but I found out, that the 'wire' that has 'f*cked up is the ribbon cable that connects the controller port's board to the main board, this isn't a problem with the controller itself.

Your Model 2 isn't wierd. I've seen four of them and none of them have the power supply attached to the top casing. I'd find it wierd if it did.

Anyway, where in the world are you? I've got a spare controller ribbon cable from a very dead Saturn that you could have.

what you could do is to solder a wire from the point on the back of the pcb to a wire, then the other end of the wire to the other point where the wire should have gone to

Back