Cd Graphics (Cd-G) Help?

Ok as well all know sega cd supported Cd-g now I know there was a program that made these. Would be nice to see if we could make our own. If you have any ideas on where or what to do let me know.

http://users.glo.be/~erikd/cdgcreator.htm

Can we use animation for the graphics?

I personally haven't tried the program yet.

Can Fireburn burn them?

Can someone write a cuesheet for it?

btw, i tried a trial run, but didn't burn it...

seems like too much hassle to get one lousy picture to go with ONE song.

Better off making your own Music Video, if you wanna.

From Goldenhawk's site:

"What CDROM devices support CD+G (Karaoke) discs?

To backup CD+G discs, you must have one of the following recorders...

Hewlett Packard 7500 / 8100 / 8200 / 9100 / 9200

Panasonic CW-7501

Plasmon CDR4240

Plextor PX-R412C (must have firmware version 1.07)

Plextor PX-R820T / PX-W4220T / PX-W8220T)

Sony CRX100E / CRX110E / CRX120E / CRX140E / CRX140S

Yamaha All Models

All of the above recorders (except the Yamaha CDR100/CDR102, CW-7501, and CDR4240) are capable of both reading and writing CD+G discs. If you do not have a model that can read CD+G, then you will have to purchase a separate CDROM drive that has this capability.

The following CDROM drives are supported for reading CD+G discs...

Plextor 4Plex Plus

Plextor 8Plex (not recommended)

Plextor 12Plex

Plextor 12/20Plex

Plextor 14/32Plex

Sony 76S (not recommended)

Sony 415 (only works well at 1x reading speed)"

Of course they're not big on keeping things updated, so this very well might not be 100% accurate. Example, my old Mitsumi 4804TE can do CDText, but I couldn't find where Goldenhawk lists it.

I agree about the trouble aspect, but it's still kinda cool to be able to do it [assuming your burner can].

Hmm Iomega isnt listed lol ANYWAYS. Im talking from the ability to do it =) I mean I only have ONE cd-g that came with 1.10 I just wanna see if I can make my own, turn it into a iso, and see if sega cd gens will read it. Wasnt gonna burn that ;) I dont even burn games no more I do the iso. 6 sega cd games on one cd lol =)

I wonder if the LG-Goldstar 8080E does CD+G? It can burn up to 99mins for some reason.

I too would like to figure out how to do CD+G so I can have more than just one that came with Sega CD...heheh.

I think these were popular in Asia...i did see a few before.

These were like karaoke if i'm not mistaken?

Kyosuke75

you're not mistaken.

BTW folks, how many "normal" music CDs [e.g. non-karaoke] have you come across that are CD+G? I can only think of three - Chris Isaak's Silvertone; A Jimi Hendrix greatest hits collection, and a Dramarama disc who's name escapes me.

I believe all of the cds that are on the CD+G disc that came with the Sega CD Model 1... the one that has like Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac, Information Society, and whatnot...

It's like a little slideshow of cds or something... and I think all of the cds shown in it are CD+G

Mo, that Jimi Hendrix one you are speaking of is shown on that cd so I would guess all of them are CD+G :D

Ok well I know Adeptec Cd Creator can make iso and so on. How would we make the cdg into a iso that would work. Any programs that can do this right?

Back