Delayed music on NeoGenesis

Ok, i read the rules and believe this should be alright.

I'm running a BACKUP (yes, backup) of "Heart of the Alien" on my Xbox using Neogenesis... but the music tracks are delayed(out of sync) with the Cutscenes.

My friend says that the CD is a "mixed mode" multitrack image.... We can see that all music tracks have been extracted into .wavs within the image.

Any ideas about the delay... has this post made any sense?

have you tested it on anything else? On Gens on your PC possibly?

Does it do the same thing?

I don't really use NeoGenesis all to much as I sold my XBOX a long time ago... and I own a SegaCD/32X.

If that isn't it the problem may be because they have a 2 second buffer between each music track. What kind of "backup" is it? BIN/CUE, ISO/WAV, BIN/WAV/CUE, or an entire image like a nero image or discjuggler image?

If it is one of the first three it is an easy fix of changing the cue sheet... if it is the 4th let me know.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2006-04-01 @ 04:00 PM

have you tested it on anything else? On Gens on your PC possibly?

Does it do the same thing?

I don't really use NeoGenesis all to much as I sold my XBOX a long time ago... and I own a SegaCD/32X.

If that isn't it the problem may be because they have a 2 second buffer between each music track. What kind of "backup" is it? BIN/CUE, ISO/WAV, BIN/WAV/CUE, or an entire image like a nero image or discjuggler image?

If it is one of the first three it is an easy fix of changing the cue sheet... if it is the 4th let me know.

[post=145420]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok i try and answer accurately as possible....

A) No, havent tried on any other emu...PC or Xbox. Did try on two versions of NeoGenesis on Xbox... v10 & v20

B) Now the Image.... :huh

Originally it was a .ZIP that contained an MDS & MSF file. Now.. using ISObuster (i think)... we could see that within the either MDS or MDF (i forget)... that it had multiple tracks. It had one .TAO file as the first track... the rest were .WAV files... these were just the music.

Friend suggested that maybe changing WAVs to MP3s would be better?... Would the image automatically recognise the .MP3 namechange or would I have open up some file in the .TAO and re-reference the naming???

Needless to say, I suck at this.

Converting it to mp3 isn't going to help much... just degrade sound quality. Reason why is because when burned to the disc it is just gonna convert the mp3 to CDA (CD audio). Wav holds the integrity of CDA where as mp3 doesn't as much due to its compression.

Get MagicISO and use that to rip all the files from it. Then Using Magic ISO create a mix mode disc with a 2 second gap between track 1 (the data) and track 2 (the first song... .WAV). Make sure that all the songs afterward have no gaps (known as Disc at Once... DAO. As opposed to Track at Once... TAO).

Like I said though you should test out on Gens or something first. It is a small DL easily available on the web.

Back