Doom3 Removed Scenes (56K warning!)

I remember back in 2002-3 these Doom3 pics were released on the Net, but they never made it in the Final Doom3 game...

Or did I miss something?

I don't recall seeing these guys anywhere in Doom3?!

doom31.jpg

Or this Zombie with no shirt:

doom3_073002_002.jpg

And the hungry dog "Yum Yum" scene:

doom32.jpg

This scene in Hell?

doom-3-200405030354452.jpg

The revenant in the Underground Cavers?

doom3_092303_001.jpg

And in this scene you can see your self on the mirror wearing a helmet.

doom3_042704_000.jpg

These guys infront of the generator

media1.jpg

The poor soldier being zombified!

media2.jpg

Or the famous "Creepy ass scientist and a teeth gritting soldier" scene

doom3_073002_001.jpg

I wonder why they were removed? They looked cool.

Probably more a matter of them not ever having been in. Those may not have even been made using the engine that they use in the game. It may have been CG rendered as an example of what the game would be like. It may also be that they just used the engine to build scenes for the screenshot. You know, stick a zombie here, a scientist there, etc.

Well, several of those scenes were in the leaked alpha. I'm sure that none of them are cg.

I don't remember seeing any of them in the leaked alpha =/

In any case, my point is that it's probably not that they were cut from the final game so much as they were made solely for the purpose of showing the public what the game was going to be like.

The pinky demon in the bathroom and the intro scene with the scientist were in the alpha for sure. The first shot with the zombies looks like it is too, and maybe the fat zombie in the bathroom as well (although I can't recall if the main char had a helmet in the alpha or not.. don't think he did, tho).

Back