English version of Space Channel 5 pt 2 for DC

racketboy

Established Member
As many of you know, Space Channel 5 was one of the many underrated classic titles for the Sega Dreamcast. Its sequel, SC5 Part 2, was only released in Japan during the Dreamcast's downward retail cycle. The sequel improved on the original in terms of graphics and controls. While the game itself was great, it was near impossible to follow the story unless you understood Japanese. However, now there is a homebrew effort underway to translate the script and have English voices dubbed. The members of the effort were disappointed with the local PS2 version released not too long ago and want to do it justice with this project. They are currently looking for more individuals that are willing to participate in some voice acting. I am personally very eager to see the project progress.

Info on Project

edited :) just so you can see the new icoin next to it im posting, not like anyone else is gonna be posting, you can delete this post once you see it : )

well there seemed to be a lot of people on DCForums that were interested in helping. Did you contact any of them?

not a one, not even by PM after I sent multiple :/

edit: i see you have aim, if you hop on we can converse there

except I don't use AIM much -- especially since I'm at work

I don't mind posting on here -- it's good for other people to see anyways.

If you have some lines to work with, pass them along.

I could give them a stab -- even though I hate how my voice sounds on recording. I also can have my wife and friends give it a try.

Do you have the whole script and such translated already?

Ive got Stage one's script ready to go, let me post it

room1 (want to do this first:)

00: Ulala: Good morning viewers! On this morning’s Ulala Report Show, we’re coming to you live from a space ship that has been attacked by a mysterious dance troupe.

01: (I can’t figure out this one word… What it sounds like makes no sense to me ^^;;)

02: Ulala: Roger!

03: Ulala: Aah! A suspicious-looking man just ahead!

04: Ulala: Dance match!

09: Ulala: Oh no! The Space Guide is being forced to dance!

11: Ulala: Firing!

12: Ulala: Stay tuned! (or, to fit syllables, “We’ll be right back. Stay tuned!”)

13: Fuse: Ulala, keep alert to your surroundings!

14: Fuse: Those guys are---!

15: Fuse: Press the A Button when you hear Chu.

16: Fuse: Prepare to attack!

18: Fuse: Use the A Button Beam to shoot the robots.

19: Fuse: Left is left, and right is right.

20: Fuse: Next use the beam to rescue! Press the B Button when you hear Hey!

21: Fuse: Next is the Lookout Bridge.

22: Fuse: (*gasp*) More robots are approaching fast!

23: Fuse: Press the A Button in sync with “Chu!”

24: Shadow: We are The Dance GANG!

25: Shadow: We are making you dance!

27: Man and woman: Thank you Ulala!

28: Man: But we’ve got money!

Woman: That’s right!

29: Chorus: Something’s kinda fishy about you

30: Chorus: Don’t lose at your dancing!

31: Man and woman: We’re being forced to dance!

34: Shadow: Memorize my moves, and we’ll see how well you can copy them!

35: Shadow: You lose when you run out of hearts.

36: Shadow: Dance match!

38: Shadow: Go!! (Maybe “move out” if you need more syllables)

39: Shadow: How ‘bout a formal introduction.

40: Shadow: First, recite our name:

46: Shadow: Interesting.

47: Shadow: Big deal.

50: Space Guide: We hope to see you again!

51: Space Guide: Help meeeeee!

52: Space Guide: Thank you Ulala!

I'm guess you need to play though the game and such while you do this so you can get the proper emotion, timing, and such...

sadly you would but if casted, I have the DC audio clips converted that I can send away for those doing the part that way they have some idea what to sound like.

gotcha

do you have the main parts casted already?

unfortuantely I don't have a large amount of time devote myself to something like this (I'm moving in a months and have other projects I'm working on), but I may be able to help out with some of the smaller parts.

currently no one is officially casted for anything, our gracious translator is filling the role of ulala unless I can find a better suited person, A friend of mine will be trying to do pine, but once again these will only remain if better actors are not found.

so far no clips have been dubbed yet.

still looking for actors still havent gotten one but I finally talked to my translator over the phone, she shounds like she could make an AWESOME Ulala. Let me tell you, you WON'T be dissappointed if she decides to do Ulala : ).

I could get some people to help from the DCEmu Fourm, the Online Consoles Dreamcast Fourm, and the Dreamcast History Fourm, Purge and racketboy.

Back