Favorite Cable News Channel

I'm going to have to null my vote, I hate all of them. If I *HAD* to pick one I'd pick Fox News. However I really hate Fox News, they are always cramming that fair and balanced thing down everyones throat. If they were fair and balanced, wouldn't they let their viewers decide whether they are or not, rather than saying it every chance they get?

FOX News, baby! Everyone else is too caught up in the VLWC. (Don't want to spell it out for fear of reprisal by angry terrorist leftists)

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2005-05-03 @ 10:12 PM

FOX News, baby! Everyone else is too caught up in the VLWC. (Don't want to spell it out for fear of reprisal by angry terrorist leftists)

[post=133590]Quoted post[/post]​

Here, I'll do it for you: Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

Uh-oh, they are going to get me :ph34r:

Originally posted by Dud@Wed, 2005-05-04 @ 03:29 AM

Here, I'll do it for you: Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

Uh-oh, they are going to get me :ph34r:

[post=133591]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh my god.... <_<

Voted Other, for C-SPAN. Yes, it's dreadfully boring most of the time, and the politicians do put on a performance for the cameras, but everything the Big Three do to make things more exciting seems to be at the cost of relevance, truth, or both. Not to mention that they seem to be terminally afflicted with Phony Balance Syndrome - treating lies and truth as just different opinions, and featuring both for "balance".

Conservatives claiming there is a left wing media conspiracy is like white males saying they're discriminated against in the workplace.

I get the sense that Republicans (at least, those in favor with the party leadership, not so much the old-school conservatives) do have an edge in the cable news arena, not so much because of a bias in the media institutions themselves as because Republican strategists are much better at deploying propaganda than Democratic strategists are, and the networks simply don't bother trying to impede any of it most of the time, because when push comes to shove it's more profitable to entertain than to inform. I think Bill Maher put it pretty well:

Originally posted by Bill Maher

Stop calling the media elite and liberal and start calling them what they really are: lazy.

What is this cable you speak of?

I rarely watch tv, nothing good on anymore and the news is always so depressing.

Cable is paying for even more garbage to come to your television. The only positive aspect to it is the ability to harness it for internet browsing.

Mostly I watch that China World News channel on satellite, mostly because it never says anything about left or right wing conspiracy or other bullshit and is mildly entertaining.

Back