Few Imports Fail, Others Work

I've got a 4in1 cart for my US Saturn. I've been able to play imports on it before without a problem. When I bought the Japanese version of Virtual-On, it didn't boot in my Saturn, but I didn't think much of it, especially since I had VOOT for Dreamcast.

But recently I've purchased The Tower, and it will not boot either. If you try to load either game from the 4in1, it will say "Loading..." but the CD is not spinning and the access light will blink. If you simply insert the disk with the System CD Player up it will say "Disc Drive Empty."

All my other import games work fine with the card in place, and say "Game Disc Unsuitable for Machine" without it.

Both discs are in good condition, both can be read by a computer CD rom, and Virtual-On's audio tracks play fine in my stereo. The only physical difference I can see in the CDs is that the ones that don't work have a label that let a lot of light through (ie if I hold the CD up to a bright light I can almost see through certain parts of it).

I have the Saturn with the oval shaped buttons (Model 1 right?) and the version on the System Settings screen is v1.00a.

What gives?

Back