Gamefaqs style poll: Bestest Game Evar

Yep, it's one of the games that came out when the GC came out. Luigi is a ghost buster in that one. Really cool game.

LOL... and to think I put Luigi's Mansion on there because, while related to Mario, it is generaly considered to be a shite game. The only reason I didn't put Mario Is Missing up instead is becasue I figured many folks might not have even heard of that one.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Jun 10, 2004 @ 08:15 AM

LOL... and to think I put Luigi's Mansion on there because, while related to Mario, it is generaly considered to be a shite game. The only reason I didn't put Mario Is Missing up instead is becasue I figured many folks might not have even heard of that one.

The one with time travelling and history exams?

I need to cry now T.T

I voted for Final Fantasy IX.

That game made me realize how important the old "Medeival, Fantasy" setting, is/was so important to hardcore FFers. Despite FFIV being my SECOND Final Fantasy (I'd play that whenever my brother was hogging our then new PSX at the time), I had never really noticed, until FFIX.

*sniff* Too bad Square has said it themselves, that it will be THE LAST Fantsay-style Final Fantasy game... :(

Then again, from what I've read about FFXII, it'll seem a lttile "Fantasy-like".

However, after the crap that was FFX (okay, factor out it being a Phantasy Star II rip-off, it's not THAT bad of a game, I will admit), and FFX-2 (shouldn't have even been made..), I'm kinda iffy on FFXII. But there's part of me that's really looking foward to it.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jun 10, 2004 @ 04:18 PM

However, after the crap that was FFX (okay, factor out it being a Phantasy Star II rip-off, it's not THAT bad of a game, I will admit),

okay i just NEED to hear the explanation on this one.

That game made me realize how important the old "Medeival, Fantasy" setting, is/was so important to hardcore FFers. Despite FFIV being my SECOND Final Fantasy (I'd play that whenever my brother was hogging our then new PSX at the time), I had never really noticed, until FFIX.

Which is why I was kind of surprised to see it on here, I got the impression that the GameFAQs-type FF-worshippers considered FFIX to be really weird and felt lost without their SUPAR BEST MEGAHIT MATERIA GF BS COMBO SYSTEM OF JUSTACE!!!!111! AND ITS TO CONFUISING TOO FIGHTS WITH MOAR THEN TEH 3 CARACTARS!

And I hear that FFXII is slated to take place in Ivalice, which is interesting...

Hey! Without the BS combos, the game wouldn't have ridiculously broken combos that all the gamefaqs kiddies like. I mean, if you can't beat the final boss within 2 turns, the game is just way way too difficult.

Back