get rich quick scheme?

Anyone have a get rich quick scheme that actually works? Stupid idiot that I am, I went and got myself buried under a pile of credit card bills.

Walk into a bank.

Step up to the teller and hand them a note with, "Give me all the money in your register" written on it.

Take the bag and leave...

When you get in your car make sure to toss the stack of cash that still has a money tape across it (those little paper strips that say the total amount of all the bills). That stack is the ink bundle thingy that sprays you orange when you leave the vecinity of the bank.

Don't worry, they won't freak, they won't say anything and you 'll have a good 10-15 minutes to get as far as you can from that bank. They do it this way as to save lives... the money is insured.

racketboy pretty much gave you the best advice you can get. As someone who just finished paying off one credit card and is currently working on another, I can definitely say that being stingy with your money works wonders. Want that new game? Too bad, because you don't need that new game. Want that new music CD? Too bad, because you don't need that new music CD.

And so forth, and so on. It's important to indulge here and there so you don't go insane, but how much you indulge ultimately affects how long it takes to get out of debt. It'll be another 6 months or so before I pay off my last credit card, but once I'm out of that rut... NEVER AGAIN.

Yeah I know, and I am working on that. I'm gonna try one last time to get a loan from a credit union to pay at least one of them off, if that doesn't fly the only option I've got left is one of those credit consolidation plans you see advertised all the time. Only problem with that is, who can you trust?

If the debt is substantial then defiently consolidate.

Shred all of your cc's except for one.

Don't go out to eat. Make your own lunch for work/school.

Sell all the things you do not use on ebay.

Get a second job at night so your debt will go away MUCH faster.

There are alot of things you can do.

disclaimer: I have no financial background at all. Don't sue me if this doesn't work.

Do you have a mortage? Refinance your mortgage for more money then you actually need. Use that additional money to pay off your credit cards. Start with your highest interest credit cards first, NOT highest balance. If you don't have a mortage transfer all your balances to card(s) with the lowest interest rates and remember to cancel each card as you pay it off.

go to the library and see if they have any books by Suze Orman -- she has a number of titles that cover getting out of debt -- and they are a pretty easy read.

Just a thought

The credit consolidation services you see are kind of a scam themselves... Most charge you $20 or $30 a month to manage your credit card payments, and the reduced payments / reduced interest they can get you is no different than you can get by calling your credit card companies yourself (and making a good show of making payments on time). I've also made good headway by getting a new CC with a no interest for a year deal (and low interest after that) and transferring my largest (and highest interest) balance to it. But to do that, you need to build your FICO score back up with regular, on-time payments above the minimum.

CC companies report one of four things to the CC report bureaus. 1: 90+ Days Past Due. 2: Past Due. 3: Paid Minimum. 4: Paid More Than Minimum. You get better points for Paid More than for Paid Minimum. Even if you only pay $1 more than is required, they report #4.

Plus, becoming a big pirate gamer (soft-modded my Xbox, etc.) and borrowing most of my mainstream comic book reading from the library has helped too. Also, eating lots of Ramen and PB&J. And store-brand cola/soda/pop. And getting rid of all the movie channels on cable that I rarely watched anyway.

sell drugs.

eh you live once you should run up your bills paying for everything you've ever wanted to do in life then buy yourself a gun and a cheep hotel room(or hell expensive what the fuck does it really matter go all out with a hot tub and shit) and then end it.

How much debt are you really in?

There really isn't any "schemes" that work to get rich, unless you break the law.

As many have said, just limit your spending from here on out and work hard. Get another job or something.

When I first moved out of my parents house 5 years ago I worked 3 jobs. This made big pay checks and left very little time for me to spend my money. I didn't do it to get out of debt though, I did it so I could eat...

Originally posted by Merick@Sat, 2005-12-17 @ 09:18 PM

Anyone have a get rich quick scheme that actually works? Stupid idiot that I am, I went and got myself buried under a pile of credit card bills.

[post=142614]Quoted post[/post]​

A lot of the get rich quick schemes are actually schemes in themselves; the techinque used to get money is for the company or individuals offering the scheme to make you buy their materials. The sale of the material is what gives them profit.

For example you send $10 to get a magazine/booklet with information. They just got $10 and can move on to the next person. You could say the only real get rich quick scheme is the sale of get rich quick materials. :)

The information on methods they sell usually fall into the same categories:

- Real estate

- Internet business from home

The type of data you get in the first case is just a consolidated bunch of standard tips; getting cheap property that the bank has foreclosed on, or that the government has seized, etc. It's nothing mindblowing, but the standard kind of a stuff a newb in the real estate business wouldn't think to look for.

The second method is selling products over the internet locally in your area. This means you assume a lot of financial risk buying a large stock of said product, and the assumption is though internet advertising you can mark up prices, sell it, and make more money. That only works if you can sell all of the product to recoup your investment and make a profit. You really are 'working from home' (and the post office) as they say.

Anyway, racketboy and Parn gave excellent advice. If you are a videogame nut, all the stuff you want to get now will usually show up on eBay or used at game stores several months down the line for dirt cheap. So you can still get games over time and not end up broke.

I can't remember the last time I payed full retail price for any software (except for cases when I wanted to support a particular developer and pre-order), and I have an fairly large collection. So being a total cheapskate and a gamer is possible, with a little patience. :)

Back