Goddamnit, not again~

CrazyGoon

Established Member
I have too many encounters with games that change.. this time, I was playing Sega Ages Vol 1 and the order of the stages in Outrun changed!! Gah! Going left into stage 2 brings the stone piller tunnels, and going right into stage 2 brings the bloody easter island statues! What the hell is going on?! aghhhhhhhhh :auto

I believe you are describing the Japanese course layout.

IIRC there's an option to change between the two.

Hehe, got side tracked, but yeah - that was the problem! Well done :) Ever since I first got my Saturn and the game, I had been playing it with the Japan game mode - which isn't the default, so I figure that the backup battery that came with my saturn had the Japan game made saved and when it died, I replaced it and the game mode went back to default 'overseas' setting. Since it was a long time between having the backup battery replaced and playing Outrun again, it was shocking to be driving along and get some routes of stage four appearing as the routes in stage 2. IMO, the overseas setting is harder because the stone piller route and easter island statue route are quite difficult compared to the others (talking about the actual track layout and not the amount of traffic there is ;)) :banana Wee, thanks mal :driving:

Back