Good resources for Sprites, Hi-Res Pics, & Credits

racketboy

Established Member

I have a few ideas of projects I want to work on.

But I need to find some graphics and information.

Does anybody know of any good sources for the following:

Game sprites -- good quality - enough that if you blow them up the still look good without too much touchup.

Hi-res game art -- some good character art of classic gaming characters that looks cool. if anybody can scan something they have, that would be cool too.

Credits -- the developer/artist credits that are shown at the end of games. A full list is not necessary, but the names of the bigest contributers would be nice.

Why not give a look at mugen characters ?

You will find sprites ans charas for every snk and capcom games (mainly), Background are also available.

I doubt they are copyright free however ...

(Don't get what you mean with credits)

Hmm, racket, what are you looking for in particular?

the things I listed for games from the 8-32 bit era.

as for credits, I mean the people responcible for producing, programming, design the game. Ya know when they show the credits when you complete the game?

Yeah, I was just wondering, any particular characters or games? I might have some stuff that I could scan or something.

As for sprite rips, I don't know about blowing them up as they're all pretty much of the same quality - that is, the same as the original pixels in the game (for games that have been emulated that is). The best sprite rips you'll probably find are from the Guilty Gear X series - since the sprites are bigger than pretty much any other game. I have a couple of these featuring Jam and Dizzy if you want them, can't remember where I found them though. If you do scale them up, it's best to use simple interpolation ('fast' option in the Photoshop image size menu), so that the pixels stay sharp. It's pretty easy to produce the rips yourself in most emulators, especially if you're just looking for still images.

just some of the more popular games.

but here's my top picks for art:

Sonic (mostly old school)

Nights into Dreams

Jet Grind Radio (its not that old, I know)

(any) Capcom Fighters

(any) SNK Fighters

Metal Slug

Any classic RPGs

As for Sprites, I don't care about their resolution. I just want the pixels to be sharp -- no GIFs or JPEGs whose compression messed up stuff.

I don't care about jaggies -- just want them to be accurate.

Are their any tutorials on how to rip good sprites?

back in my day i used to play mugen and they gave tons and tons on materials to program it and rip sprites and do certain things..u should look into that.

btw, the art doesn't have to be official -- just looking good and true to the characters

Hmm, well, I might have some Sonic stuff laying around, I'll see if I can find anything. I can scan the covers for Nights and Jet Grind, but I'm guessing you already have those. Ditto w/Capcom (although I only have a few of those). Classic RPGs.. well, I have the boxart for PSII.

For sprite ripping, the easiest thing to do is to turn off all layers except for the sprite layer, and then dump frames. I'm pretty sure Gens can do this.

cool

yeah I already have game covers.

if you have any ads, posters etc that would be great

Back