• Rise from your gwave!

Help about burning sega cd files

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by meteor, May 14, 2002.

1. meteor

meteor New Member

I need to know what format the mp3 files should be on the cd to play correctly in a sega cd system ..

What do I need to do and what tools I need for that .. thanx

2. Curtis

Curtis Member

Audio files should be 44.1k 16bit stereo WAV files(the CD audio standard) and the easiest tool to do this is Winamp. You'll need to select the "disk writer" output plugin in order to write WAV files.

3. Random Hajile

Random Hajile New Member

I use a program called mp3Decode to convert my mp3's to wavs. it's easy, clean, and painless. I recomend that you give it a try. [​IMG]

Just for future reference though, It's better to post in the Tech Help forum for questions such as this.

It's more appropriate for the topic and you'll probably get more replies. [​IMG]

4. Arakon

Arakon New Member

or you simply use cdrwin or nero to burn, and they'll decode the MP3s on the fly to correct audio tracks while burning.

5. meteor

meteor New Member

are they supposed to be named Track02 , Track03 .... etc. all in wave format .. ? or do I have to name them too

6. Curtis

Curtis Member

If you are burning to CD, then names are irrelevant, just so long as you can burn them in the order they come in (ie track 2 is track02.wav, etc).

7. King M

King M New Member

you need need a cue file with the all the tracks listed in the order they should be burnt.

complete instructions for creating a cue, as well as decoding mp3's, at

http://members.fortunecity.com/segacdbackup/

sorry for the pop-ups, hopefully it'll be moving to a real server soon.

8. meteor

meteor New Member

I am sorry .. will do next time