help with cartridge slot

Anybody know how to fix the catridge slot on a model 1? I've got two backup ram carts, ones official an official sega with a "Dragon Force" label on it, the other's a no-name "memory card plus" neither of them shows up in the saturn's memory manager or in any games

on my hitachi i had to put the cart in very hard for it to read my action replay

some people also have luck with putting the cart in and lifting up a tiny bit

Originally posted by Merick@Sun, 2005-11-27 @ 08:06 PM

Anybody know how to fix the catridge slot on a model 1? I've got two backup ram carts, ones official an official sega with a "Dragon Force" label on it, the other's a no-name "memory card plus" neither of them shows up in the saturn's memory manager or in any games

[post=141968]Quoted post[/post]​

At least for the "memory card plus": even if inserted correctly, that type of backup cartridge does not show up in games or saturn's memory manager. Instead, when turning on the Saturn, a small program from the cartridge will be booted which allows handling backup RAM.

Got it! With the "Dragon Force" cart, instead of jamming it in or pulling it up, I gently pushed it in until I could feel just the slightest resistance from the contacts, when I turned it on this time it showed up. For a while there I was afraid I'd bought a bad system.

Originally posted by crazygoat@Mon, 2005-11-28 @ 07:45 AM

some people also have luck with putting the cart in and lifting up a tiny bit

That's what I have to do.

Mine is interesting at times. Half the time I do not have a problem with it, the other half I have to push it in hard or pull it up slightly. I tend to leave it in when its working but I lug my saturn around a lot and take it out when transporting.

Back