How into gaming are YOU?!

To what lengths have you taken to enforce your love for the game..(any decent games you liked)

-I remember moving my 13 inch tv all around my basement to see how playing the game would feel in this, or that area, lol.. man i take that lil thing outside on some hot summer days too!, play phat star on the patio , haha

i can remember hooking up an rf switch (2 audio cables on one end "white and red" and a Mic jack on the other" in to my genesis model 1 and my mini system cd player (i plugged the audios in to the cd out part on the minisystem so i had to crank the volume on the thing because all i was recieving was feedback from shoddy craftsmanship on the minisystems manufacturers part) (dont ask how i did it, but if i could blast my thunderforce tunes in stereo i didnt care what electronics i was wrecking)

damn back when i was like 12-14 years old i used to record BGM's off of the tv from the sound test in the game on to a tape then go around and listen to it, lol. (only for snes though, with gen you could use the microphone-in plug on the model 1)

gaming (Sega mostly) has to have had a hiuge influence in my life, if this means nerd by conformitys standards? well then so be it

--------------

This sounds familiar..

This guy I bought something from on eBay said Playstation was cited in the divorce settlements with his ex-wife, I guess that's pretty far.

As for me.. I dunno, building an arcade cab maybe.

When I was younger I used take pictures of the screen after I beat the games -- Sonic games esp.

haha

Now of course we have emus that do screenshots.

But beating a game was like a major life event to me then -- hahaha

i once did a front flip after beating this game i loved to play on the C64(not sure if that's the right term i used my hands don't know if that's a flip or not)

I wish I'd done that- Once I blazed through the first level of Sonic, beating the time that was supposedly the fastest anyone had done it but I didn't have a camera anywhere.

I'm still quite gutted to this day
smile.gif

I also took a pic of the time I got 100 lives on Sonic 2 (not using an emu, mind you).

(Level 2 it's not to hard if you know where to look)

Hooked my stereo into the headphone jack to get more sound, Added MORE speakers. Um.. Reorganized my room so my game systems looked neater. um so many things...

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,15:55

I bought triplicates of systems just so i could have a system hooked into every tv in the house.

oh my goodness -- yup you're "into" it
smile.gif

That thought has crossed my mind, but that the point where my fiance would call me an addict
smile.gif

Well having 2 Sega cd systems is nice =P

Lets say this, I had 2 Tvs in my room! So I could play and watch same time... funny.. I still do that... cept now I use 2 laptops for same effect. =P

Originally posted by cherok@June 06 2002,16:30

...damn back when i was like 12-14 years old i used to record BGM's off of the tv from the sound test in the game on to a tape then go around and listen to it, lol.

You rock! Same here! I used to tape record ingame music too, except for the NES, when I was like 10yrs. Long live 8-bit BGMs!

Well, one time when my mom, brother, ex-stepdad and I went camping, my brother and I couldn't go a day without playing our Street Fighter Alpha 2 on our Sega Saturn. So when we went camping, we hooked up the Saturn to my mom's car battery, along with our little black and white television, and played our hearts out while my mom had fun making smores. I was too shy to get girls back then, but my brother wasn't, so he left me to play by myself when some hot chicas came by.....*sniffle*....but whatever, I had fun beating SFA2 a million times with Ryu.....

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@June 25 2002, 21:45

Well, one time when my mom, brother, ex-stepdad and I went camping, my brother and I couldn't go a day without playing our Street Fighter Alpha 2 on our Sega Saturn. So when we went camping, we hooked up the Saturn to my mom's car battery, along with our little black and white television, and played our hearts out while my mom had fun making smores. I was too shy to get girls back then, but my brother wasn't, so he left me to play by myself when some hot chicas came by.....*sniffle*....but whatever, I had fun beating SFA2 a million times with Ryu.....

Street Fighter Alpha 2, w00t!
biggrin.gif

I went to Panama to buy a decent tv for my consoles, also bought one of those old "amplifier plants" for my stereo.

I used to write sheet music of all the songs I loved in games then play them on my sax.

Was my weekly tradition to rent and beat at least one game a week, even if it was an RPG. I'd get them friday morning and not sleep till I beat it. Probably the reason I've beaten well over half the SNES library and a good 300 NES titles.

Operated on all my game systems to add blue power lights to all of them just because it looks prettier.

Built a few of my own controllers and a few controller converters when I felt the system's original simply wasn't adequate.

Entered that Blockbuster game tournament thing.

Used to want to be a Nintendo Power counselor when I grew up
tongue.gif

(note: Only Sega system I ever owned before Saturn was the Game Gear. Everything before that was Atari and Nintendo. Only time I played Genesis was at friend's houses so it would be Sonic, X-MEN, or a hockey game)

impressive, DBOY

Ever publish the sheet music?

Can you do it on piano.

My fiance teaches piano and if theres some her kids would like to play that would be awesome

God no. It was just for my own fun. And as I said I only wrote out the melody, not full band scores. On top of that it was written for Alto Sax so it's not like you could play it on anything else without transposing it (concert B-flat == G on Alto Sax).

I loved when KOF came out because it actually had music FOR sax so it sounded nicer. And once you learn the basic cord progression of it it's not too hard to just think up your own solos on the fly (presuming you know enough about music to have memorized your scales and do dorian and mixilidian mode scales too).

If there's one thing I regret music wise it's never learning piano. I can't play it at all. I know which keys are which notes but I have to look at them all. Can't use both hands at once for the life of me (which is really weird since I write with both, it's like they both want to be doing the same thing. Guess my brain sucks at multi-tasking as bad as Windows
biggrin.gif
). Had I learned piano I'd probably spend a lot of my free time writing MIDIs and stuff. It's a lot easier to make a midi when you don't have to click and drag every note >_<. I do have some hope though I guess. Yamaha made those MIDI wind controllers that resemble a sax that you can play. I imagine you could run it to midi-in like a keyboard but man, I don't wanna spend $600 for one of those. For $1200 I could get adamn nice, new alto
smile.gif

Originally posted by DBOY@June 26 2002,08:58

God no. It was just for my own fun. And as I said I only wrote out the melody, not full band scores. On top of that it was written for Alto Sax so it's not like you could play it on anything else without transposing it (concert B-flat == G on Alto Sax).

I loved when KOF came out because it actually had music FOR sax so it sounded nicer. And once you learn the basic cord progression of it it's not too hard to just think up your own solos on the fly (presuming you know enough about music to have memorized your scales and do dorian and mixilidian mode scales too).

If there's one thing I regret music wise it's never learning piano. I can't play it at all. I know which keys are which notes but I have to look at them all. Can't use both hands at once for the life of me (which is really weird since I write with both, it's like they both want to be doing the same thing. Guess my brain sucks at multi-tasking as bad as Windows
biggrin.gif
). Had I learned piano I'd probably spend a lot of my free time writing MIDIs and stuff. It's a lot easier to make a midi when you don't have to click and drag every note >_<. I do have some hope though I guess. Yamaha made those MIDI wind controllers that resemble a sax that you can play. I imagine you could run it to midi-in like a keyboard but man, I don't wanna spend $600 for one of those. For $1200 I could get adamn nice, new alto
smile.gif

ok cool.

Yeah I have no musical talent at all.

All I can play is the radio.

My fiance is the music genius -- I'm just the geek.
biggrin.gif

Back