How to make a scratched cd work?

I have a demo of Panzer Dragoon Saga, but i can´t get it to play on my Saturn. There is a small but deep scratch on it and i think this is why it doesn´t work. Does anyone know how to make it work? Is there any way to fix the cd?

There is this thing in the USA (I don't know if you are from here or not...) called the "Skip Doctor". It works really good on Audio CD, but I don't know about data, never tried.

You can find them in like ANY music store.

I have a skip doctor and it does work but it best on minor scratches. It works by basically sanding down the surface of the cd with a very fine sanding wheel. You can do it as much as you like 'cos the data is on the label side of the disc.

I also had a deep scratch on PDS - I kept on repeating the process until it eventually it worked.

I think there is another one in development for deeper scratches.

BTW - if the scratch is on the label side, its not repairable.

I got mine from virgin in the uk.

Try copy this disk with prog like CloneCD or blind reader. If you can read this cd without vany yers and then burn a copy, may be - just may be! - this game will be forced to work. Anyway, its a chance.

Try to copy the CD like Nomad said, but do it at a very slow speed (ie: 1x) Also you could try to use programs like Blindread which has read nearly any scratched I've thrown at it

Back