I....despise...XP

Just going to add my two cents. I think XP is, without a doubt, the best MS OS I've used to date. Granted I've never run 2k, or any other NT, but I have never once regret my decision to upgrade from Win98. I've only had a handful of programs ever crash on me in the 6+ months I've been running it. Which is already scores better than how 98 treated me. I honestly can't think of one solid gripe I have with XP. I'm running Pro, so I dunno about the Home version. I am most impressed with this OS. I use other, older machines with Win9x, Win3.11/DOS etc, to run my old games. Works for me.

I've owned almost all of MS OS. Windows Xp Home seems amazing compared to others (soz haven't use Win2k pro enough to make an opinon on it). I've also heavily used other opertaing systems such as Linux and Mac OS (how many god damn versions are there?). Linux is fine, but I find Apple OS very restricting due to lack of developer support. Everything that seems to have been on Mac Os has been specifcally designed for it (I know I maybe wrong, this is just my little view of a big world), Yet there seems like 100 times more things for Windows platforms. So we have to reasonably except 1 or 2 screwups.

Plus why do people complain so much about Win XP not supporting old products? I thought all the work was to make windows a stronger platform? How do you expect them to do that if the have to even continue to put a lot of effort in runninh ancient DOS programs! They have to get rid of the old at some time or another, why not now?

Plus here is what I think of Cloud. He is a loyal fan to Apple as most of us Segaxtreme users are to Sega. No matter what crap they give out at times in terms of software (though not often though might be just me Sega loyalty lol :lol: ) and to thier users, we shall still support them.

If I speak crap just tell me. I can take comments.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Sep 1, 2003 @ 05:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Sep 1, 2003 @ 05:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-schi0249@Sep 1, 2003 @ 12:45 PM

And if you think game compatability is bad know, wait for the new OS. It is MS first true 64 bit OS.

Uh, no. Longhorn != 64-bit.

Longhorn's only majour change is a 3D accelerated (D3D9) GUI.

WinXP already has a 64-bit version, I doubt the next Windows will default to that. [/b][/quote]

Uh... the MAJOR change is the file system. (database-based)

The GUI isn't even near complete yet.

I must say, Mac OS has some things over a Windows based system. Video /photo /music editing is much better under Mac. Why do you think so many professional graphic designers use Mac's. However, for the other 90% of the population, they lack the needed developer support.

Originally posted by schi0249@Sep 2, 2003 @ 02:14 PM

I must say, Mac OS has some things over a Windows based system. Video /photo /music editing is much better under Mac. Why do you think so many professional graphic designers use Mac's. However, for the other 90% of the population, they lack the needed developer support.

Actually that was true in the past. Now PC have the edge in terms of certain areas such as 3D graphics. The traditional Mac strong holds of photoshop and such are now on even ground on both PC and Mac. The only reason that Macs are still used is because everyone is used to them and don't need to change. However undoubtedly you will find a greater number of NEW companies choosing the PC versions as opposed to the Mac versions, mainly due to the price of the hardware. Since the file format is standard either version will work just fine.

Not really. I hate OSX and the older OS' didn't work too well either. And someone please tell Apple that a mouse with more than 1 fucking mouse button is a good idea.

I dunno I prefer the way Windows works. It's more organized.

I was never a big fan of older MacOSs.

But I have talked to non-techie people that have both Macs and PCs and they enjoy using the Macs more (and they are older than the PCs) because they find it easier

You know, you can just hold CRTL down, and press the mouse button.

About preferring the way it works:

Windows doesn't even work to begin with! :damn:

Originally posted by gameboy900@Sep 2, 2003 @ 05:33 PM

And someone please tell Apple that a mouse with more than 1 fucking mouse button is a good idea.

Sweet zombie jesus, amen! I can't tell you how many times, when I'm forced to use a Mac, I "right" click. ARRRRRGGGHHH!! :damn: Hell, mine has 3 if you count the scroll as a button (which I can press, it just isn't assigned to do anything). Apple, stop making kleenex boxes for computers and design things that actually make sense.

Apple is the king of design -- once you actually pay attention to the detail they work on, you'll appreciate it.

as for the mouse, nobody is stopping you from buying a 2-button mouse

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep 2, 2003 @ 08:03 PM

as for the mouse, nobody is stopping you from buying a 2-button mouse

Ahh yes, but what if the Mac you use is at a computer lab in school? Will you buy and bring your own 2 button mouse everytime you use one of the Mac workstations? :lol: I've not used a Mac anywhere else besides school. :p

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep 2, 2003 @ 08:03 PM

Apple is the king of design -- once you actually pay attention to the detail they work on, you'll appreciate it.

I need a computer, not a sculpture. And yes, everytime I've used a Mac it's been in a lab somewhere. I'm not saying they don't have their uses, I just don't get it.

Originally posted by Quadriflax+Sep 3, 2003 @ 02:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Quadriflax @ Sep 3, 2003 @ 02:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Sep 2, 2003 @ 08:03 PM

I need a computer, not a sculpture. And yes, everytime I've used a Mac it's been in a lab somewhere. I'm not saying they don't have their uses, I just don't get it. [/b][/quote]

that's the reason I don't own one.

but I really would love one

You know, you can just hold CRTL down, and press the mouse button.

Yes, but see, that involves two hands. Most people who're using the mouse for something will only want to use their one hand - it's called natural laziness.

Windows users can also actually just select an object and press the right-click button (lower right, between Windows key and CTRL).

About preferring the way it works:

Windows doesn't even work to begin with! :damn:

Have you been reading any of the recent posts re:XP? XP works beautifully. I've actually had many, many more crashes on school-owned Macs at my old school, than I have total in my own WinXP.

All of the computers in my school are loaded with spyware-ridden garbage programs. You open Internet Explorer, go to... let's say google.com... and 50 pop-up ads appear out of nowhere.

Back