I want to make an rpg

thats way too easy of a final boss... and i already have the main antihero, his names dr. thodt.

he could survive all the way to the end and you kill em' right before the final boss,

or he like converts to the good side (<--gay idea).

keep tossing in ideas if yall want... im no where near done with the actual script, but ill write up a overview and let yall know the basic ideas...

Make me pull a Vegeta/Magus! Come on!

In other words, I'm the main enemy, but then you find out what I'm doing is for good, then I reluctantly join the group! Like what Magus was like in Chrono Trigger!

I think Cloud would be best used as a reoccurring mid-boss. Like the character "Mid-Boss" in Disgaea. I loved that game with all it's witty jabs at stereotypical anime and rpgs.

"My name is....."

"Your name is Mid-Boss, I'm changing your name to Mid-Boss"

(not actual quote)

"My name is....."

"Your name is Mid-Boss, I'm changing your name to Mid-Boss"

It kinda ruins it to make it sounds like he gets cut off, IIRC they actually listen to his whole self-aggrandizing introduction and then act like he didn't say a thing. :D

thats exactly what i was thinking of mountaindud... cloud's idea probably could work in some how, i just gotta figure out away to put it together so he comes to the good side without it feeling korny. Maybe the hero's realize that even though his weakness, he still seems to survive all the beatings he receives. just like here in the forums, hes like the little brother, keeps coming back for more.

Originally posted by ExCyber+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ExCyber)</div><div class='quotemain'> It kinda ruins it to make it sounds like he gets cut off, IIRC they actually listen to his whole self-aggrandizing introduction and then act like he didn't say a thing. :D [/b]

I know, I completely destroyed the dialog from that scene, I can barely remember it. :blush:

<!--QuoteBegin-lordofduct

thats exactly what i was thinking of mountaindud... cloud's idea probably could work in some how, i just gotta figure out away to put it together so he comes to the good side without it feeling korny. Maybe the hero's realize that even though his weakness, he still seems to survive all the beatings he receives. just like here in the forums, hes like the little brother, keeps coming back for more.[/quote]

Hmmm... good luck with that. It would really be hard to write a mid-boss character that joins your party. It almost never happens, unless maybe he dies or something.

eh, cloud'll have to die, screw it. And mid-boss's join alot of times. Lunar 2, grandia (well mullen turns good just doesnt join the team), im at work so i cant think of anymore.

Yo man! You're spoiling the RPGs for me! Take all other references out! Refer only to YOUR RPG! I have NOT played Lunar, Lunar 2, Vay, Popful Mail, Snatcher, Shining, Grandia, Grandia II, Skies, Ys, etc.

I don't wanna die man!

If I am the main bad guy, give me a right hand man/woman!

Make me the main enemy, and Des is my partner! :lol: We'll be the most evil duo ever! :thumbs-up:

Oh and Caelestis,

I hate you now as well! :lol:

I say he starts out wanting to join the group, but he is just this little apple-loving geek that has no use other than annoyance.....and he is MADLY in love w/ the heroine in the group. So you tell him off at the beginning of the story and u dont hear from him for a lil while, then he shows up and u figure out that he decides to prove he is strong by fighting you guys, and of course gets hammered the first time, cake. He then shows up 2 or so more times but actually gets to be a good opponent. He gets better by making himself different mechanics and robots and shit liek that. Maybe all of the stuff he makes can kinda "######-rigged" if you will (sorry if ppl take offense to that, just how I am explaining it, no disrespect). Duct tape, always half-defunct, etc.

Towards the end he joins the fight, but not necessarily the group. Maybe shows up to fight the last boss and wins over the girls heart :). Then they move to Iowa andh ave a bunch of kids....haha. They all look like little clouds and are obsessed w/ macs.

That's all I have for now, haha. Hope this helps........

Make him like that one guy in Skies of Arcadia that shows up guarding certain treasure chests once in a while.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Jul 21, 2004 @ 12:53 AM

I say he starts out wanting to join the group, but he is just this little apple-loving geek that has no use other than annoyance.....and he is MADLY in love with the heroine in the group. So you tell him off at the beginning of the story and u dont hear from him for a lil while, then he shows up and u figure out that he decides to prove he is strong by fighting you guys, and of course gets hammered the first time, cake. He then shows up 2 or so more times but actually gets to be a good opponent. He gets better by making himself different mechanics and robots and shit liek that. Maybe all of the stuff he makes can kinda "######-rigged" if you will (sorry if ppl take offense to that, just how I am explaining it, no disrespect). Duct tape, always half-defunct, etc.

Towards the end he joins the fight, but not necessarily the group. Maybe shows up to fight the last boss and wins over the girls heart :). Then they move to Iowa andh ave a bunch of kids....haha. They all look like little clouds and are obsessed w/ macs.

That's all I have for now, haha. Hope this helps........

Go with Pearl Jammzz idea! :lol: :thumbs-up:

and he is MADLY in love with the heroine in the group.

I don't think Des is in this RPG.... ;)

Maybe shows up to fight the last boss and wins over the girl's heart :). Then they move to Iowa and have a bunch of kids....haha. They all look like little Clouds and are obsessed with Macs.

Oh!

Fucking!

Hell!

YEAH!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Actually, make that obsessed over Virtua Fighter and Golden Axe as well. :lol:

Boom... got it, yeah. and it allows me to toss des-row in there too.... oooh yeah, and the duct tape thing is great. Why, well my hero is named "lord of duct" meaning duct tape (yeah my sn here) and he uses duct tape most of the time as weapons. well i could have cloud be someone who aspires to be a super powerful guy like lord of duct and is constantly trying to prove himself to the team by showing up with devices that are all "mickey rigged" with duct tape... but in trying to help cloud actually causes a nusance and screws things up for us becoming an unintentional enemy... sooner or later he finally makes something that helps out.

AHHH, i know... see in the final battle i need something that supes up LoD so he can beat up Dr. Thodt whos real strong... i was gonna go along with some magical artifact deally but no not now... to keep the cyberpunk feel it'll be an add on that cloud makes.

and Des will just be this other cool chick in the game that cloud is trying to show off too, thats why he is aspiring to be like LoD, because da girls always love superheros... hehe

Originally posted by lordofduct@Jul 21, 2004 @ 01:20 AM

and Des will just be this other cool chick in the game that cloud is trying to show off too, thats why he is aspiring to be like LoD, because da girls always love superheros... hehe

Only, Des will fall for me.... right? :unsure:

All right thats it... Team SX, theres a second party (non playable) that forms through out the game and end up helping at the end by taking on a bunch of baddies giving the main team a chance to get to Dr. Thodt for the final battle.

Now Cloud and Des are on this team... i want a couple more SX members to be on it to make it team SX... who should i use, who wants to be used.

Me!

Des!

Akuma!

mal!

Although I'll be beating up Akuma a lot... :lol:

I'll try the same thing with mal, but he'll just end up kicking my ass. Not even Megido would do much on him... :lol:

Send me some plot ideas and ill see what i can do... ill have together a basic overview soon so that way you can see what im working with already.

Back