Ikaruga

nah, not radiant silver gun, Ikaruga for dreamcast but i want something just like it (not rsg) but another shump game for saturn that is almost or some what like Ikaruga for dreamcast

you mean like the different colors thing?

I know Treasure's older platform-type game Silhouette Mirage uses some of the same concepts

Hey, download rRootage for your mac or pc. It has an 'Ika mode' (not to mention 'Psy mode' and 'GW mode'), and is very addictive. Great shmup training as well.

Originally posted by it290@Dec 9, 2003 @ 11:20 PM

Hey, download rRootage for your mac or pc. It has an 'Ika mode' (not to mention 'Psy mode' and 'GW mode'), and is very addictive. Great shmup training as well.

hmm interesting

now I just need for Christmas to come around so I can get a new PC pad

my old Sidewinder sucks

Yeah, I play rRootage nearly every day, there's a link to it on desktop both at home at at work. It would be really sweet if someone could port it to DC, as its open source, but sadly, I've heard the SDL/OpenGL combination doesn't play nice on the Dreamcast. (yet)

I'm sure all that lethal_illuminati is wanting is a shooter for Saturn which has as good graphics as Ikaruga for Dreamcast. Well, you have a problem here, because it's not possible for a game on Saturn to have as good graphics as a game on Dreamcast because the Saturn is 32-bit, and the Dreamcast is 128-bit.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Dec 9, 2003 @ 10:24 PM

I'm sure all that lethal_illuminati is wanting is a shooter for Saturn which has as good graphics as Ikaruga for Dreamcast. Well, you have a problem here, because it's not possible for a game on Saturn to have as good graphics as a game on Dreamcast because the Saturn is 32-bit, and the Dreamcast is 128-bit.

Correction: Dreamcast isn't 128-bit.

But it's certainly more powerful than Saturn.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Dec 10, 2003 @ 07:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Dec 10, 2003 @ 07:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-CrazyGoon@Dec 9, 2003 @ 10:24 PM

Correction: Dreamcast isn't 128-bit.

But it's certainly more powerful than Saturn. [/b][/quote]

Sega Saturn

CPU: 2 Hitachi 32bit RISC and Hitachi 32bit SHI

Sony Playstation

CPU: 32bit RISC R3000S

Nintendo 64

CPU: 64bit R4300 RISC

Sega Dreamcast

CPU: 128-Bit Hitachi SH4 RISC

Sony Playstation 2

CPU: 128-Bit "Emotion Engine"

That's 128-bit to me.

No way! It's easy to distinguish whether a console is 8/16/32/64/128 bit. The only ones which are a bit tricky are the TurboGrafx/PC-Engine, NeoGeo, and Jaguar. But in my opinion, I don't think the next consoles are going to be 256-bit. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

It's easy to distinguish whether a console is 8/16/32/64/128 bit.

Here's a little riddle.

The Motorola 68000 has 32-bit general-purpose registers and a 16-bit data bus.

The WDC 65816 has 16-bit general-purpose registers and an 8-bit data bus.

Genesis and SNES are both 16-bit systems.

Let me know when you've achieved enlighenment. ;)

It doesn't depend on the registers and buses. It's worked out by machine cycles.

The Motorola 68000 is a 16 bit processor, as is the Custom 65C816 chip. It gets tricky when you have multiple processors such as the consoles I listed above.

Am I not correct? :blush:

CrazyGoon, your quotes are misleading anyway.

For example, the Emotion Engine only supports 128-bit in one single way - Integer, and it's ludicrously slow doing 128-bit int.

You don't think that the Dreamcast or PS2 are 128-bit systems? Check out google.

I thought everyone knew what era we are in atm - 128-bit era! :thumbs-up:

It's obvious. Everyone agreed we had an 8-bit Nintendo back in the day, and a 16 bit genisis/ megadrive (I think it actually has 16-bit written on top of it). Then 32-bit with the psx, then 64-bit with N64. Now 128 bit with the Dreamcast and the following systems. :thumbs-up: But we can't agree we have reached 128-bit systems?

Back