Is there any SS emulator with a tilemap value viewer?

Hello. Apologies if I'm posting this on the wrong forum, but... I've been looking for a SS emulator with tilemap debugging features. I've been kind of "spoiled" by emulators such as Mesen and bsnes, which can load up a tilemap viewer and, when clicking on a tile, will reveal the value of the corresponding tile (and sometimes associated palette values as well). This is useful for translation projects, or other general hacking, as one can quickly build up a table file with this information.

I tried Yabause but while it has a tilemap viewer, it doesn't allow any kind of tile inspection; on the other hand, mednafen has such a feature for a number of platforms but seems to be lacking one for the SS.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction...

Hello. Apologies if I'm posting this on the wrong forum, but... I've been looking for a SS emulator with tilemap debugging features. I've been kind of "spoiled" by emulators such as Mesen and bsnes, which can load up a tilemap viewer and, when clicking on a tile, will reveal the value of the corresponding tile (and sometimes associated palette values as well). This is useful for translation projects, or other general hacking, as one can quickly build up a table file with this information.

I tried Yabause but while it has a tilemap viewer, it doesn't allow any kind of tile inspection; on the other hand, mednafen has such a feature for a number of platforms but seems to be lacking one for the SS.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction...
i'd say there is nothing better, i remember satourne had a texture replacement feature, so maybe it does more than yabause or kronos

Back