jandman mod board install questions

Hi so I just got a jandman mod board and I have a round-button (series 2?) USA system. It has a JVC cd rom board (it at least says that on the board the cd unit is on) and a 32-pin IC.

I was reading the A+B mod shortcut thread and someone on there with a 64-pin IC said the A+B method didn't work and that they had to shave down their jandman mod board to make it fit.

So I was wondering if anyone else has installed a jandman board and what they had to shave down on the board exactly to make it fit.

I tried installing it last night and it doesn't seem to want to plug into the system so I'm thinking I need to shave it down also.

Also wondering if anyone else has done the A+B method with a 32-pin IC system with success.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by magitek armour@Sat, 2006-05-06 @ 06:00 AM

Hi so I just got a jandman mod board and I have a round-button (series 2?) USA system. It has a JVC cd rom board (it at least says that on the board the cd unit is on) and a 32-pin IC.

Which JVC CD board is is, 605 or 608? It makes a difference.

I was reading the A+B mod shortcut thread and someone on there with a 64-pin IC said the A+B method didn't work and that they had to shave down their jandman mod board to make it fit.

So I was wondering if anyone else has installed a jandman board and what they had to shave down on the board exactly to make it fit.

Whether the mod board get shaved or not has little bearing on whether it will work in a 64 pin Saturn. If you think it needs it, just do it and get on with it.

I tried installing it last night and it doesn't seem to want to plug into the system so I'm thinking I need to shave it down also.

As I said, if you think it needs it, just do it.

Also wondering if anyone else has done the A+B method with a 32-pin IC system with success.

I'm not even going to answer that.

Originally posted by mal@Fri, 2006-05-05 @ 08:32 PM

Which JVC CD board is is, 605 or 608? It makes a difference.

Whether the mod board get shaved or not has little bearing on whether it will work in a 64 pin Saturn. If you think it needs it, just do it and get on with it.

As I said, if you think it needs it, just do it.

I'm not even going to answer that.

[post=146091]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah sorry about the questions, I've owned a modded Saturn before but this was my first attempt at modding it myself, just wanted to be sure on everything.

Sorry again, I didn't mean to ask if the A+B worked with 32-pin IC I meant to ask if it worked with jandman mod boards and 32-pin IC systems. Someone else in the other thread said they had a 64-pin system and a jandman mod board and that it did not work.

I did install it after shaving down the sides a little with some sandpaper and its working great with the A+B, thanks for the response and sorry for all the nubness.

As far as you or I are concerned, Jandaman's mods = Racket's mods. AFAIK there's only one Saturn mod manufacturer still churning them out.

The Modding of 64 pin Saturns is a completely different question. It would take someone with good electronics knowledge and the right equipment to sort that mess out.

Back