keep the site up to date?

Not many people here have played the 3DO, or give a damn about it - or both.

That, and the 3DO company (made of many companies ;)) was officially disbanded and the ownerships/ stuff was sold to other parties (IIRC), so there aren't any news in regards to the 3DO...

It's in memory of the great days of console video gaming. Those few amazing years when new console hardware, each with its own great innovations, was coming out left and right. SegaCD, Sega 32X, Virtual Boy, Panasonic Real 3DO, Phillips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Turbo Duo, Neo-Geo, Sega Saturn.

The times were great, and we'll never have it again. Now all we have is $hitty profits-for-brains companies like $ony and M$ trying to see who can make the cheapest personal computer in a small plastic box and convince kids its a video game console. A video game console doesn't have commodity graphics chip an 80gb hard drive and and USB ports and etc. A console used to be a piece of glories hardware engineering designed from scratch to be a top of the line arcade gaming machine.

And then, since photo-realistic rendering engines were nothing but a forcast of the apocalypse in young gamer's eye, game developers actually had to drive their games with innovation, creatiivity, and god save us all, quality gameplay! Now we just get 1000 titles a year of incredible 3D graphics and piss-poor gamplay where some guy walks around in awful 3rd person perspective gameplay shooting things, slashing things, or talking to people. And monthly reiterations of the same sports games with the latest rosters and line-ups added.

Long live retro gaming!

JMT.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash+Jul 21, 2004 @ 09:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Master Thrash @ Jul 21, 2004 @ 09:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>photo-realistic rendering engines were nothing but a forcast of the apocalypse in young gamer's eye...[/b]

Haha... but today's graphics aren't anywhere near photo-realistic and never will be! Mwahahaha!!

<!--QuoteBegin-Jedi Master Thrash
@Jul 21, 2004 @ 09:06 AM

Long live retro gaming![/quote]

Ya :devil

I dont know how recent it is but I never noticed some users actually were submitting stuff ....

Pretty cool !

Other than that the websight looks like my new house .

Back